testtest

The TRS 25 — A Budget-Friendly Bushnell-Made Red Dot

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
Interesting option for a good budget friendly Red Dot. I have one (or similar budget friendly Bushnell RDS) on my Kris Vector 45 Carbine. It worked well when I shot it as the range several years ago, and in just checking now, still functions 100% on the same battery (of course I had it turned off during that interval, but good to know it was still usable).

1626818656408.gif

Marvins friend doesn’t need a red dot….his eyes are a red dot….😬😬😬

Back when I was green on red dots I was searching for one for the KSG25. The Bushnell kept topping most lists for shotguns for some reason. I was unconvinced and bought a Romeo 5 instead. That first Romeo has endured 1500 plus battering azz heavy rounds out of that beast and hasn't moved a spec, failed or even had a battery die. I have 6 Romeo 5s right now. They're like Frank's Hot Sauce. I put that **** on everything.

I read all these articles yesterday in the email I think from GMW, but as much as Travis Pike likes the TRS-25 there's no way it's on par with the Romeo 5. And you can catch the Romeo on sale for nearly the same money.

Back when I was green on red dots I was searching for one for the KSG25. The Bushnell kept topping most lists for shotguns for some reason. I was unconvinced and bought a Romeo 5 instead. That first Romeo has endured 1500 plus battering azz heavy rounds out of that beast and hasn't moved a spec, failed or even had a battery die. I have 6 Romeo 5s right now. They're like Frank's Hot Sauce. I put that **** on everything.

I read all these articles yesterday in the email I think from GMW, but as much as Travis Pike likes the TRS-25 there's no way it's on par with the Romeo 5. And you can catch the Romeo on sale for nearly the same money.
What can I say, I suppose I'm not that fast when it comes to reading my emails, and the GMW articles I receive. :( :geek: :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I agree with many of the others here - that the Sig Sauer Romeo5 -as well as similar from Holosun and Primary Arms- truly are hard-to-beat where it comes to bang-for-buck, and that includes both performance and durability/reliability.

However, for as much as we can suggest that those sights can be had - on-sale - for just about as low as one could find the average TRS-25 is perhaps just a little disingenuous, as the TRS-25 can itself also be bought for much less than its usual street-price, when it is itself on-sale! ;)

That said, it's definitely true that looking through both the TRS-25 and its just slightly more expensive competition will usually have the perspective buyer more than willing to spend the extra money for the "better" optic. While I can't honestly say that I am a penny-pincher, I do have a buddy who is quite frugal but who also firmly believes in the "buy once, cry once" motto. After a range-day with yet another of our buddies who had both the TRS-25 as well as the then-new Primary Arms MD-ADS on two of his range-toys, we both decided to spend the extra money for the latter.

Now, *_that_* said, I would also just as readily be willing to accept the TRS-25 as the bottom-barrel budget choice, where there are definitely also others in that price range that can be a lot less durable and reliable. :)

The TRS-25 sells for about $80. I bought 6 Romeo 5s at different times, catching them on sale occasionally. The highest I paid for one was $149. At least 2 of them I bought for less than $110. Cabellas/Bass Pro was selling them for $99 on Black Friday. Currently they can be found in the $120 range.
You are correct, the TRS25 is cheaper. But I think the extra $20-$30 spent on the Romeo is well worth it. Of course if $30 extra is a problem for someone financially the TRS25 is probably a good choice.

True, but the TRS-25 also goes on-sale, just like the Romeo (and others). ;)

I'm just pointing out that if we're talking about catching a Romeo on-sale, we should also grant the same leeway for the TRS-25. :)
Fair enough. It’s $80 everywhere now though. It was $120 everywhere a month ago. At the same time the Romeo was $149 everywhere.
I suppose I can’t really put a dollar amount on how much better the Romeo is than the TRS because I haven’t seen one. But based on the review Travis Pike did I can say the faults he found with it are not present on the Romeo 5. At any rate having several of them and thousands and thousands of rounds under them on several guns I’d have a hard time taking a chance on another budget optic.

Back