testtest

The Truth About Assault Weapons

I'm not sure the real issue is whether or not total confiscation can be done .... the real issue is that when/if they should make the fines/jail/other penalties so drastic for not complying, the law-abiding folks will begin to worry and some or most will voluntarily turn them in. That's why they're called law-abiding ...... and the anti-gun crowd knows that and takes advantage of it.

Good example of what I'm saying is this ...... if you're a law-abiding concealed carrier and you're OK at 1000 feet from a school, what makes you dangerous, according to the law, if you take one step closer toward the school and are now at 999 feet. Most will respect that stupid law and not intentionally carry within that 999 foot or if they do, will be worried sick they'll be discovered. Or why do we leave our CCW's in the car/truck if we must enter a gov't building? We don't automatically become a crazed killer or even a 'Jaywalker' just because we stepped across the threshold at the building entry. But because we're law-abiding first, and concerned about the consequences of not abiding and how they'll impact us and our families.

Yes there will be some/many who will not voluntarily turn in their firearms, or at least all of them, but at that moment we are no longer law-abiding and are immediately felons. How many of us are willing to venture into that life and be concerned every minute of every day that someone, maybe a neighbor, or a personal antagonist, will turn you in and you'll hear the knock at your door? Will you/I/any of us be willing to take that chance and live like that? And secondarily, if we choose to keep a firearm at home for our defense, it must be accessible to us if needed, which also makes it accessible to any authority who is searching for it.

That's what these type laws will do, one after another after another. And this is the reason it is so very important we take responsibility for our future, our posterity, and our freedoms by thinking clearly about our votes in the upcoming election.

I saw a statistic about Australian gun confiscation. It's estimated that about 30% of the weapons or less actually got turned in.

I would guess that to be pretty accurate. Groups of Australians come to work and train with us for about a month every year. One of the first places they want to visit is the gun range. They all seem amazingly familiar with our firearms to have grown up in a country where such firearms are forbidden and had all been turned in. Although certain people in Australia do legally possess modern semi-automatic firearms, if they can pay exorbitant fees and go through enough paperwork, these guys don't strike me as the type to have that much disposable time and money.

"......................". Although certain people in Australia do legally possess modern semi-automatic firearms, if they can pay exorbitant fees and go through enough paperwork, these guys don't strike me as the type to have that much disposable time and money.
So very true and so very sad. And that's what makes our 2nd amendment so special. And why it is so very important that we always protect and defend it, along with the rest of our constitution. Truly there is not another like it on the earth. It provides each of us the very same rights to keep and bear arms, and even the same arms as the next guy.

Yes there are some firearms priced out of range of some common, working men, but it's not due to gov't bans, confiscations, and special allowances for special people. It's simply capitalism.

This is the left mentality on issues: no clue... all feel good policy regardless of the issue..

1601859534124.jpeg

This is the left mentality on issues: no clue... all feel good policy regardless of the issue..

View attachment 10749
Reminds me of that Carbon reduction "fair" that Gore and others promoted several year ago. People arriving in a convoy of big GMC SUV's with each tent at the fair with their own running portable generator for electric supply (I think there was over 100). Many flying into the event from around the world. I believe it was Gore or someone that proclaimed "yeah, we made a mistake. We shouldn't of had that many generators for each display tent". 🤯:rolleyes:

Reminds me of that Carbon reduction "fair" that Gore and others promoted several year ago. People arriving in a convoy of big GMC SUV's with each tent at the fair with their own running portable generator for electric supply (I think there was over 100). Many flying into the event from around the world. I believe it was Gore or someone that proclaimed "yeah, we made a mistake. We shouldn't of had that many generators for each display tent". 🤯:rolleyes:
Most times irony is painful but educational. 😂😂😂

Gotta look back in American History to really understand that this gun confiscation policy would be a failure and be unsustainable in the long run. The 1920 Volstead Act is a prime example. It will create a massive black market for firearms all over the country. The courts will be tied up for years and bloodshed will be commonplace.

I don't own an Armalite Rifle (they don't know that's what AR really stands for), but if I could build one that looks like a cannoli, they'd be fine with it. Due to ignorance and lack of firearms knowledge, it's all about the look of the rifle. If they would take the time to read the FBI statistics, they would learn that, percentage wise, very few shootings involve these firearms and you are more likely to be killed with a hammer, knife, baseball bat, etc...

Last edited:
I don't own an Armalite Rifle (they don't know that's what AR really stands for), but if I could build one that looks like a cannoli, they'd be fine with it. Due to ignorance and lack of firearms knowledge, it's all about the look of the rifle. If they would take the time to read the FBI statistics, they would learn that, percentage wise, very few shootings involve these firearms and you are more likely to be killed with a hammer, knife, baseball bat, etc...

Hi Lock n' Load,

The Cannoli Rifle Outfit located at an undisclosed location in Bronx, NY manufactures the St Valentines Semiautomatic Cannoli Special that has attained critical acclaim within the Chicago Pastry Family. The Cannoli Special can fill 1000 pastries per minute without spraying powdered sugar.

When Stoner was designing the AR, before it was given a designation, he referred to it as an assault rifle. He was in fact designing an actual automatic rifle though, not a semi-automatic replica of military rifle.

When Stoner was designing the AR, before it was given a designation, he referred to it as an assault rifle. He was in fact designing an actual automatic rifle though, not a semi-automatic replica of military rifle.
Thanks, Bassbob, for informative and clarifying info.

Semiautos ARE NOT assault weapons. Politicians who proclaim semiautos are assault weapons are either lying or stupid.

Back