testtest

The USMC’s Practical Shotgun Shooting Course

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
The Shotgun Practical Weapons Course is fairly simple.

What do we need for the Shotgun Practical Weapons Course? A shotgun, of course, 18 rounds of buckshot for the course of fire, something to carry the spare ammo for easy reloading, three targets total and a barrier that you can stand or kneel behind. You don’t need a shot timer, but you do need a stopwatch of some type. The course of fire has to be completed in three minutes total, but there is no individual time requirement for each of the four stations.

1708205700537.png

Standing underarm hip position? Come on.

I don't recall now if this is the same course as the thread we had a couple years ago. Probably. Both of them seem to me to be very pedestrian. To be fair they probably wouldn't seem pedestrian to people who don't normally do any training with shotguns.

I have to say I am very much in like with the shotgun Pike used for this article.

I tuck it under the arm/short stock, usually.

I go over the top. Better aim that way. I guess it's just how I was trained. Primarily useful for maneuvering in tight hallways, room clearing, etc. And faster for me from high ready.

Nothing inherently wrong with "Chicken winging" it though. In fact I think I should start incorporating that move into training as well. It's never a bad idea to get familiar with shooting from every odd position imaginable.

Back