testtest

This arrest is ruled Constitutional by the state supreme court .... what do you think?

A tragedy that should never have happened. As stated many times by myself and others alcohol and nothing else mixes well except sleeping. My father had issues with alcohol for most of his life until he turned into a full blown alcoholic for 7 years. It basically ruined his life during that time. He did eventually recover but it was a long road. I maybe have a drink a month and always drink at home, NEVER when I’m out.
I never handle a firearm after drinking.

I enjoy a cocktail occasionally and a few ( 1 or 2) beers maybe once or twice a week. Never under circumstances that could harm me or someone else.

I wasn't going to get in this thread but here goes. I am very happy this guy got arrested and hope it taught him a lesson.

Two years ago , on the 4th of July , my niece lost her husband due to being shot by his brother . Both of the guys were drunk , had been in an argument , then a fist fight . Then as my niece and her husband were trying to calm his brother down , the brother grabbed an unseen shotgun , quickly pointed it at my nephew in laws head and pulled the trigger.

Drinking and firearms do not mix! The saddest part of this was that I had many times talked to my nephew in law about his drinking while handling firearms . He always responded , " Oh we only have a couple , it's not like we are getting drunk."

It took me a long time to type this out because I had to go back and edit it so much. I left out a lot to shorten this from book length.

My hope is that if anyone who reads this and has had the habit of drinking before , during , or after shooting or even while cleaning their firearm , or just handling it , please stop doing it.

papa- Sad to hear this. Unfortunately, incidents like this happen more frequently than any of us here on the forum would like. These types of safety violations should include severe penalties, including removal of firearms pending adjudication of the case. Seeing the reinforcement of "no firearms and alcohol together" by forum members makes me proud to be one of you.

Understand....... but I don't think you need to reinforce anything papa. The respect you've earned here on the forum over time says it all. If you say it, we can all take it for what it is. (y)(y)(y)

So sorry for you and your family's loss.

Back