testtest

This made me think about my training regiment

Not high enough; 2k fps is considered the minimum threshold, and out of a pistol, they don’t do that.

.22TCM, however…
I don't have the Rock Island 1911 that shot 9mm and 22 TCM(I miss it sometimes.) I did acquire an M1 Enforcer 30 caliber carbine(11 inch barrel). If I remember correctly the 30 Carbine out of a 16 inch barrel produced right under 2000 fps. I'm thinking the rounds from my Enforcer are at least 1500-1700 fps. The Enforcer is handy and I have 30 round magazines for it. I think a few rounds in center mass and the pelvic girdle would pretty much stop most threats at 5 to 15 yards.

One thing not yet mentioned here:
I read something once about the confluence of veins and/or arteries in the pelvic area, and the rapid loss of blood pressure a hit would cause. I dunno how close together they are or how true it is, however.

But seems to me there could be some merit, taken as a whole:
- Immobilize or outright drop the target
- loss of blood and b-pressure
- unlikelihood of body armor there(?)
- less draw time -upward- in a close situation (?). Continue upward for the next shot (?).

Just throwing out ideas here.
Unpleasant topic…but better to know, should you ever need it.

Femoral artery is about the quickest drainer outer that there is. Next to actually taking out the pump or decapitation

One thing not yet mentioned here:
I read something once about the confluence of veins and/or arteries in the pelvic area, and the rapid loss of blood pressure a hit would cause. I dunno how close together they are or how true it is, however.

But seems to me there could be some merit, taken as a whole:
- Immobilize or outright drop the target
- loss of blood and b-pressure
- unlikelihood of body armor there(?)
- less draw time -upward- in a close situation (?). Continue upward for the next shot (?).

Just throwing out ideas here.
Unpleasant topic…but better to know, should you ever need it.
I can't imagine what it would take for someone to keep fighting after having been shot in the groin. There's a reason they train cops and soldiers to shoot for it over the head shot.

I can't imagine what it would take for someone to keep fighting after having been shot in the groin. There's a reason they train cops and soldiers to shoot for it over the head shot.
Some dirt-bags hopped up on drugs last long enough to still do some damage.

Back