testtest

This mornings dog walk

N

nmedge

Had to pull my gun out this morning on 2 mutts that came running out of their yard acting aggressive. Heavy set woman smoking and did or said nothing until she saw pistol. Dog was 2 paws away from getting shot! I have called cops to report incident.

I had to shoot a pack of wild dogs in the woods as a kid. there was 5 of them and i was squirrel hunting. probably 15 years old. they were fixin to eat me up so i shot one, figured the rest of them would take off. NOPE, had to kill; every one of them. i don't like shooting dogs but these dogs were dangerous. if somebody didn't have a gun they would have been in trouble. been so long ago i can't remember the breed but they wasn't small dogs.

On several occasions my son, the deputy sheriff, has had to warn dog owners when answering a call that if they didn't put their dog(s) up and control them and if one tried to bite him he would shoot it. And then there are those folks who let their dogs out and lock their door when he arrives to serve an arrest warrant. He hates shooting the pets that belong to stupid people.

Had to pull my gun out this morning on 2 mutts that came running out of their yard acting aggressive. Heavy set woman smoking and did or said nothing until she saw pistol. Dog was 2 paws away from getting shot! I have called cops to report incident.
I carry a S&W 638 loaded with a couple of rounds of snake shot and 3 rounds of hollow points for snakes and aggressive dogs(There's a bunch of them down here by the Mexican border. They're not too bad in the small towns but can be bad when you're traveling on some of the rural highways.).

Back in the mid 1990's I lived in Fannin County(Texas) in a rural area and packs of dogs were sometimes a problem. I got surrounded by a pack when I was out for a bicycle ride. I tried to use the bicycle as a shield to run them off but they got more aggressive. I pulled out my 38 snubby and shot one. And then called the Fannin County Sheriff's Department to let them know.

I have a dog and cat and I hate hurting any animal. Sometimes you don't have a choice when they're aggressive, in a pack, keep getting closer and nipping at you.

Pepper spray does work wonders on a unleashed aggressive dog invading your space .. i keep one hooked on a D ring to the dogs leash if we encounter an unleashed aggressive mutt on walks
Me too. That's one if the main reasons why I carry pepper spray.

Unless it was pit bulls or some dog (s) I didn’t think I could kick the crap out of I don’t think I’d shoot them. Not unless I had to.

Yup, my first instinct would be to get away, then pepper spray, and then the dog would actually have to be attempting to bite me and leave me no other choice than to shoot. Even then, I'm not shooting to kill but rather to stop an attack or leave me with enough time to get away. Injuring or killing the dog would be my last choice.

Last edited:
A few years ago on a Palm Sunday I was the watch commander on my shift. Lady called and found two very large beautiful dogs wandering her property. No tags, leashes collars nothing and all covered in mud. She managed to secure them with leashes. So she walks them towards me and exclaims, you're all clean (pressed uniform, high shined boots) she says open the door to your patrol vehicle I'll put them in so you don't get dirty. I reach back open the rear door, dog one gently gets in, the second dog quicker than you can blink an eye attacks. The dog bit down on my upper left thigh area and like a shark starts shaking its head side to side, blood spurting out everywhere, couldn't reach to grab my pepper spray or baton so i punched the dog as hard as I could which only made it attack and clamp down harder then I stuck a finger into its eye and he released. Blood everywhere. My partner summoned an ambulance and within minutes I started getting really dizzy (blood loss) and then into the ER for a lot of staples. Really nice scar and YES had to endure the rabies shots which hurt like ever living crap. Animal control questioned why I didn't shoot the dog (would have been justified) and I said two civilians too close to me and I have no hard feelings with the dog, I blame the stupid excuse of an owner. Turns out the breed was a dogo argentino (never heard of) but Er doc said I was really lucky and that's my dog attack story....

You all know me as a guy who has basically 2/3 of my life involved in wildlife rescue, my ex wife was also involved as well as an ACO for a local PD in Connecticut and I could tell you some stories but I’ll spare you the gore.
That being said I love all animals but wouldn’t hesitate to put a dog down if I felt threatened or was attacked.

A few years ago on a Palm Sunday I was the watch commander on my shift. Lady called and found two very large beautiful dogs wandering her property. No tags, leashes collars nothing and all covered in mud. She managed to secure them with leashes. So she walks them towards me and exclaims, you're all clean (pressed uniform, high shined boots) she says open the door to your patrol vehicle I'll put them in so you don't get dirty. I reach back open the rear door, dog one gently gets in, the second dog quicker than you can blink an eye attacks. The dog bit down on my upper left thigh area and like a shark starts shaking its head side to side, blood spurting out everywhere, couldn't reach to grab my pepper spray or baton so i punched the dog as hard as I could which only made it attack and clamp down harder then I stuck a finger into its eye and he released. Blood everywhere. My partner summoned an ambulance and within minutes I started getting really dizzy (blood loss) and then into the ER for a lot of staples. Really nice scar and YES had to endure the rabies shots which hurt like ever living crap. Animal control questioned why I didn't shoot the dog (would have been justified) and I said two civilians too close to me and I have no hard feelings with the dog, I blame the stupid excuse of an owner. Turns out the breed was a dogo argentino (never heard of) but Er doc said I was really lucky and that's my dog attack story....
Owwww! Dogo Argentinos are a big powerful dog that were bred for dog fighting. Glad you didn't lose a limb or worse! One of many hazards of policing.

I found that a PR24 works on aggressive dogs. I wore boots on patrol because of dogs- was bitten a couple times by Chihuahuas of all things. Thank goodness they don't grow bigger!

Living in paradise we are pretty much left alone. But a few years back the lady of the house came running in the backdoor with a couple g-kids saying a big black rot mix chased them in the house. I went outside looking for the dog didn't see anything. Awhile later I heard the corn stocks rustling. Out stepped the biggest rot mix I had ever seen. Head down teeth showing growling hair up down his back. I yelled he wouldn't stop I fired a warning shot in the air, he kept coming. 2nd shot bout a foot in front of him, he turned and left. A few phone calls later I found his owner. The owner said he was protective of his home. I told him I can understand that, but this didn't happen at your place, it happened at mine. The dog went looking for trouble and if I ever see him on my property again I will shoot him on sight. I learned weeks later they found him a new home.

Back