testtest

Thoughts on the XD-E, future Mod.2 ??

Hi all. My first post here.

I'm a long time shooter (>30 years, and airguns before that) and have had a concealed carry permit since the mid 90s in a couple of states.

I'm rather fond of double action guns, and typically carry a CZ. However, I sometimes find myself wanting something slightly smaller and lighter like an XD-E. This got me thinking more about it in the current state of the industry.

I really think it would be fantastic if Springfield could make an XD-E Mod.2 which used Hellcat magazines. Furthermore, make it optics ready like the Hellcat. There is literally nothing like it made today.

The CZ 2075 RAMI is a chubby puppy and not really much easier to carry than a P-01 or P-07. Though it can easily be milled for an optic, CZ doesn't offer any factory options for it.

Smith and Wesson used to make the 3913/3914 and CS9, but those were single stack like the XD-E, not magic stack like the Hellcat. And they've long since been discontinued.

Anyways, thank you for letting me post here today. I really appreciate it. Have a great Sunday!

I also have an XDE which I had Langdon Tactical work their magic on. It is easily my best shooting da/sa and the one out of all my pistols that I shoot best.

I carry both the XDE and the XD mod 2. Like em both, carry 70% mod 2 and 30% XDE. I would love the extra magazine capacity, and would probably flip the % if the put the hellcat mags in it. I just shoot the XDE better. If they build it, I’ll buy it!

Always have had multiple Sig classics, so I do like hammered fired. Carry around a P239 once in a while becasue of it's size. It's a brick though. XDE is certainly lighter and gives you the ability to carry in different configs in regards to hammer position with the manual safety. I carry mine in the cooler/colder months as I use smaller in the summer. Not so much worried about a 2.0 variant. I like mine as is.

I really don’t want to plonk anyone’s bliss, here...(either you read David Gerrold, or you don’t...)...

But.

When you go from striker-fired to DA/SA hammer fired, you have certain pieces of hardware that have to fit into the frame...and that’s going to make an impact on how small you can engineer things.

I doubt the XDE could be modified to fit Hellcat mags for that reason.

Additionally—

A 10mm XDE is unlikely, at best. First off, the smallest 10mm that I know of is the G29...for a reason, that being control.

If you truly want to hotrod that micro, get a XDE .45 and pick up some .45 Super loads for it...if you think it’s controllable, then you might have a point for a 10mm XDE.

I really don’t want to plonk anyone’s bliss, here...(either you read David Gerrold, or you don’t...)...

But.

When you go from striker-fired to DA/SA hammer fired, you have certain pieces of hardware that have to fit into the frame...and that’s going to make an impact on how small you can engineer things.

I doubt the XDE could be modified to fit Hellcat mags for that reason.

Additionally—

A 10mm XDE is unlikely, at best. First off, the smallest 10mm that I know of is the G29...for a reason, that being control.

If you truly want to hotrod that micro, get a XDE .45 and pick up some .45 Super loads for it...if you think it’s controllable, then you might have a point for a 10mm XDE.

Thanks for the reply. Certainly you are right in the broad general sense. But magazines are one of those things that really just depend on feed geometry, the location of the mag catch, and if they fit the magwell or not.

For example, back during the ban days I owned a Walther P99 (original version, DA/SA striker), and people were using old Beretta 92 mags to get maximum capacity instead of the 10rd ban mags. The Only difference was the mag catch. But no denying the P99 and later PPQ are radically different from the M9/92.

I also have an XDE which I had Langdon Tactical work their magic on. It is easily my best shooting da/sa and the one out of all my pistols that I shoot best.
I just recently ordered the XDE in .45 & have not shot it yet. Can any of you guys assist the newbie with advice on what ammo to use or avoid? Will it handle brass better than steel, hollow points over fmj? Any single brand of ammo over another? In short, any advice for
startup on what I have observed as a very fine handgun.

Can't speak for the .45, but I have used mostly brass, HP, FMJ in all of the 9MM weights without a single issue.

Thanks for the reply. Certainly you are right in the broad general sense. But magazines are one of those things that really just depend on feed geometry, the location of the mag catch, and if they fit the magwell or not.

For example, back during the ban days I owned a Walther P99 (original version, DA/SA striker), and people were using old Beretta 92 mags to get maximum capacity instead of the 10rd ban mags. The Only difference was the mag catch. But no denying the P99 and later PPQ are radically different from the M9/92.

Not really the same, there; fitting the trigger & hammer components into the Hellcat frame is going to eat up space for the magazine, for starters.

There's more to it than you seem to think.

Good luck with your XDE. I was just practicing the DA/SA trigger pull with a laser cartridge with it yesterday. (saving ammo) It's not perfect, but gives me a pretty good idea.

The beauty of practicing the da trigger pull is that you don’t have to rack the slide after each trigger pull! I make sure the firearm has no magazine and ensure no bullets in the chamber and I can practice the da pull as much as I want. It is truly a great firearm!

One of the nice things you can do with DA is get one of those laser trainers that inserts into your chamber (obvious safety rules apply). I've been using the LaserHIT app and their laser bullet. Works great.

Back