testtest

Thunderstruck Double Barreled 22 Magnum Revolver Review

Hard pass. Just like the double barreled AR15 with the chainsaw grip. These things make me want to create my own firearm abominations and bring them to market. Maybe a hi-point 9mm with a hole saw bit flux core welded to the muzzle. I'd market it as a breaching pistol and sell thousands of them to boogaloo boys.

Last edited:
I like the concept and glad they decided on the .22mag. For a belly gun or even a back up gun this would not be bad. I’m aware there is better out there but this may be perfect for someone who doesn’t want an automatic or can’t rack a slide.

I like the concept and glad they decided on the .22mag. For a belly gun or even a back up gun this would not be bad. I’m aware there is better out there but this may be perfect for someone who doesn’t want an automatic or can’t rack a slide.

Having played with one? That trigger is really stiff, even with two fingers...I suspect that someone with hand strength issues would have trouble with it.

There's other .22WMR options out there in revolvers; S&W 351C/351PD, Ruger LCR...I think Charter has one, as well.

Credit for them trying something new...but I’m not sure if this is a particularly useful piece, at the end of the day.

Having played with one? That trigger is really stiff, even with two fingers...I suspect that someone with hand strength issues would have trouble with it.

There's other .22WMR options out there in revolvers; S&W 351C/351PD, Ruger LCR...I think Charter has one, as well.

Credit for them trying something new...but I’m not sure if this is a particularly useful piece, at the end of the day.

Your right and I’m aware of the other 22WMR options and I was just saying as a BUG to your primary. I have not handled one and don’t know what the pull is on the trigger. I’m just thinking as pull weight vs racking a slide and this not being a primary. I’m not advocating this as a primary weapon at all.

I always appreciate innovation, but I can't find any goal that this pistol accomplishes better than products already on the market. Taurus has supposedly released the 942 line of 8-shot compact revolvers in 22 WMR (I've only been able to find 22 LR versions for sale) with a similar MSRP. Once the market normalizes, the Taurus revolvers should be more readily available and probably at a lower price. The 7-shot 22 WMR S&W 351C and 351PD offer all the benefits of low recoil without having to manipulate a slide, but in a proven J-Frame package. I like seeing unusual designs and innovations, but I don't see why manufacturers insist on claiming that these products meet a serious need instead of admitting that their products are cool range toys or curiosities for collectors to enjoy.

Back