testtest

Time of the year......

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
I guess its the time of the year for scams....been getting some emails of stuff I was supposed to buy but didn't, getting emails from Amazon which I don't have an account with, Norton 360 which I never ever had, all scams....just be very careful on which or any emails you answer, and be very careful on calling any numbers from these emails, all they need to hear is the answer yes and you may be screwed. Be careful and shop safe.

Edit: How did I know the Norton was a scam…. at bottom of there email that was sent, they miss spelled inquiries and said to call there number if any hassles…….scam

Last edited:
I guess its the time of the year for scams....been getting some emails of stuff I was supposed to buy but didn't, getting emails from Amazon which I don't have an account with, Norton 360 which I never ever had, all scams....just be very careful on which or any emails you answer, and be very careful on calling any numbers from these emails, all they need to hear is the answer yes and you may be screwed. Be careful and shop safe.

Edit: How did I know the Norton was a scam…. at bottom of there email that was sent, they miss spelled inquiries and said to call there number if any hassles…….scam
Yup, I’ve gotten a few. In fact I got them about a year ago when thus phishing scam first started (it was also Norton, which I had but ditched since they’re anti gun). Now I’m getting McAfee, amazon and others.
They list a number to call for any disputes. That’s the scam, if called they ask to verify credit card where refund should be applied, hoping to hook someone and get credit card information.
Don’t fall for it.

I like the “you owe the IRS and we have a warrant for your arrest.” Scam

Time is money to them. I tie them up on the phone as long as I can.
Ultimately, I tell them I know where the local IRS office is and I would be happy to meet them there to discuss the matter in person with a tax attorney .

They hang right up😂😂

Yup, I’ve gotten a few. In fact I got them about a year ago when thus phishing scam first started (it was also Norton, which I had but ditched since they’re anti gun). Now I’m getting McAfee, amazon and others.
They list a number to call for any disputes. That’s the scam, if called they ask to verify credit card where refund should be applied, hoping to hook someone and get credit card information.
Don’t fall for it.
The sad part people continue to fall for the scams especially the older “elderly”
Generation because they were brought up to be polite and scare easily about getting into trouble.
Older people who have younger children need help from them to ensure they understand the dangers about giving away personal information.

Since this pandimic started , I have gotten so many scam calls , scam emails on the computer , and scam texts on my phone I could be a very rich man if I had a dollar for each one. I never use the word " yes " at any time when on a call.

I even started playing with them , acting like I was an invalid that didn't quite understand what they were trying to scam me with. :) I have made a few so mad they started cussing me. Lots of them , men and women , have tried arguing with me about them not being scammers .

Now when they call I tell them to remove me from their call list. I am still getting scam calls but not as many as I was.

It is a real pain in the back side. The texts get the number blocked , ( they just use a different one ) and the emails get deleted without being opened. As I was typing this I just got another scam text. :mad:

I like the “you owe the IRS and we have a warrant for your arrest.” Scam

Time is money to them. I tie them up on the phone as long as I can.
Ultimately, I tell them I know where the local IRS office is and I would be happy to meet them there to discuss the matter in person with a tax attorney .

They hang right up😂😂
What I do to telemarketers is stutter to them, when was a young, I stuttered, don't do it now unless I choose to, when I do they get anxious and hang up........:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Mrs Tinyman and I have different emails. I don't get but 2-3 week, but hers (and BTW she doesn't even know how to turn the PC on) gets 5-8 each HOUR. Ink refills, medicare, something called squirting, african priests, and the list goes on. I just dump her spam folder each and every day.

Back