testtest

Timeline for decision on proposed ATF changes

If these changes take effect, and reading the language it appears very likely they will, we need to put immense pressure on congressional candidates in the run up to the mid-terms because the only way to reverse them is going to be either with congressional action or an expanded, clarifying ruling on the 2A from the Supreme Court. At least until Komrade Joe is gone.

We don't need clarification. The law is the law. It's pretty clearly written. A pistol is a pistol, a firearm is not a firearm until it has attained X amount of characteristics. The point is, sleepy Joe and the rest of the hysterical left want to infer their opinions into the definition. They want leftist judges to use these inferences as opposed to interpretation of the law. They're just pi$$ed that American ingenuity was able to circumvent their efforts with creative thinking and knowledge . If you tell an American that they can't do something, you have essentially issued a challenge. See if you can, but within these constraints. Somebody, somewhere will write new parameters and rise above the challenge. There's nothing wrong with the laws as written, if we can live with them, then the AFT should accept that and stop trying to criminalize its citizens

Can anyone define for me what my options will be if the ATF's law regarding Stabilizing Braces goes into effect? I own a 'Saint' Victor in .308 with a 10.3" barrel, and am anxious over an article stating that on August 1st I could become a felon as the weapon's already registered as a Pistol. Thanks in advance

We're not there yet. Don't get all excited. If, IF this BS becomes law, which it won't. You would be afforded several avenues. It would depend greatly on your specific states gun laws and what you mean by "registered "
Are you talking about form 4473 which describes the firearm and its disposition from the dealer to you? At this time, that isn't registration, even though the ATF is currently doing just that. Just relax for now and see where the chips fall. There's going to be thousands of us in that same boat. Take a deep breath and relax. The tide will turn. Either that or a full on rebellion against tyranny. We'll see.

Much appreciated...
I'm in Pennsylvania, and was told by the FFL dealer when I purchased the weapon that it was registered as a pistol. I purchased it while an Arizona resident, and submitted the same paperwork required when purchasing any pistol. Having a CC permit allowed me to take it home immediately without the NICS...

If, IF this BS becomes law, which it won't.
Only Congress can pass bills & send to the POTUS to sign and become law. Then the agency that is directly involved with the law then interprets and develops regulations for implementation.

None of these proposed re-interpretations are new laws, but they are under the umbrella of the existing NFA, as amended.

Therefore, the Executive Branch can direct an agency to broadly interpret an existing law (like with these issues) based on their political intent.

Can anyone define for me what my options will be if the ATF's law regarding Stabilizing Braces goes into effect? I own a 'Saint' Victor in .308 with a 10.3" barrel, and am anxious over an article stating that on August 1st I could become a felon as the weapon's already registered as a Pistol. Thanks in advance
Register it with the ATF as an SBR.

That might work for some citizens. Subjects, such as myself, here in the people's republic of Illinois are limited. We have no provision for suppressors, SBRs, SBSs or AOW. We would probably have to dispose of, destroy, modify or surrender. None of which , I'm down for

That might work for some citizens. Subjects, such as myself, here in the people's republic of Illinois are limited. We have no provision for suppressors, SBRs, SBSs or AOW. We would probably have to dispose of, destroy, modify or surrender. None of which , I'm down for
Your surrounding states don't have those restrictions. So, you have an option to...move.

Last edited:
You can have a short barrel rifle if you get a C & R license in Illinois.

Take the brace off it. Put a foam pad on the tube. It’s easier to shoot that way anyhow. I live in Missouri and I will never register and pay a $200 fee for having an AR pistol.

I really enjoyed my Edge pistol but not wanting to deal with the unknown or fallout of this upcoming bull💩 was the deciding factor for me to trade it in for the Emissary and I have no regrets whatsoever. Do I want another AR? Yes and as mentioned in another thread when the time is right it will be a SA Victor in .308

Let me lead with: the ruling is Bravo Sierra, should it pass. If something has been legal for years, with several letters stating that the braces do not meet the legal definition of a stock…legally, they should get crushed.

However…

If it happens, I’m gonna have a bunch of tax stamps. Which doesn’t bother me, I’m on BATFE’s radar as it is, with several 4473’s a year, a C&R…etc.

But making everything 922r compliant is gonna suck the sweat off of a dead man’s testicles.

Just saying.

Back