testtest

Tiny Guns for Concealed carry.

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Tiny guns for concealed carry are very popular. There are advantages and disadvantages of tiny guns for concealed carry and defensive use in general.

Tiny Guns for Concealed Carry

1659041687756.png

I know companies/gun media like to "label" products in a way to entice the market. Compact, Subcompact, Micro, mini, tiny, etc., etc. with no definable symantic reason.

IMO there should be a cut-off between Subcompact and Micro designations based on whether the magazine is a double (subcompact) or single-stack (Micro/Mini) since there's a significant difference in grip size.

That being said I consider the Hellcat a subcompact (contrary to SAs' label), and the Kahr PM/CM9 as micros based on their different magazine designs.

My .02

Here's a unique firearm that is alleged to be well built and reliable. I would have already bought the Altor 9mm if I came across one locally but I haven't stumbled across one yet. I'd like to get a thread version for suppressor use.

Honestly this would just be a useless fun gun for the range and nothing more but I still want one.

I was taught to dress around my gun. The absolute smallest I will carry is a J-Frame or a Shield. When that happens it’s Two J-Frames or the Shield and a J-Frame. I admit I will probably never need to pull a gun but, if I ever have to, I don’t want to be holding a NAA Mini or a Derringer.

I was taught to dress around my gun. The absolute smallest I will carry is a J-Frame or a Shield. When that happens it’s Two J-Frames or the Shield and a J-Frame. I admit I will probably never need to pull a gun but, if I ever have to, I don’t want to be holding a NAA Mini or a Derringer.
There’s concealed carry, and then there’s what I like to refer to as “covert” carry…when you absolutely, positively can’t be “made” carrying.

In which case, even your J-frame setup may not work (I carry J-frames all the time, myself)…and I’d much rather have the NAA mini than harsh language.

There’s concealed carry, and then there’s what I like to refer to as “covert” carry…when you absolutely, positively can’t be “made” carrying.

In which case, even your J-frame setup may not work (I carry J-frames all the time, myself)…and I’d much rather have the NAA mini than harsh language.
If that’s what you feel comfortable with………. I’ve had a few of them. They are gone. My J Frames or Shield stays.

If that’s what you feel comfortable with………. I’ve had a few of them. They are gone. My J Frames or Shield stays.
You obviously miss his point. There are occasions when even a jframe is not able to be carried, at least for HIM, YOUR situation may be different.

In THOSE situations he would prefer the NAA to nothing at all. Which I fully agree with. Any advantage you can have is important.

Just like there are times, in my state where no "weapon" whatsoever can be carried, even a penknife, such as the local courthouse, you are scanned upon entering. There when I must enter, I play the role of a card carrying joint replacement recipient and carry a cane or blackthorn walking stick.

A pair of lowly deuces beat an ace.

You obviously miss his point. There are occasions when even a jframe is not able to be carried, at least for HIM, YOUR situation may be different.

In THOSE situations he would prefer the NAA to nothing at all. Which I fully agree with. Any advantage you can have is important.

Just like there are times, in my state where no "weapon" whatsoever can be carried, even a penknife, such as the local courthouse, you are scanned upon entering. There when I must enter, I play the role of a card carrying joint replacement recipient and carry a cane or blackthorn walking stick.

A pair of lowly deuces beat an ace.
I’m not saying that I’ve carried in a “prohibited” space by tucking the NAA behind my belt buckle.

I don’t think it would work with a Shield or a J-frame.

If I ever did that.

Which I haven’t.

I’m not saying that I’ve carried in a “prohibited” space by tucking the NAA behind my belt buckle.

I don’t think it would work with a Shield or a J-frame.

If I ever did that.

Which I haven’t.

I never meant to say that, I apologize if that is how it came across. Simply that there are situations where you simply cannot carry larger.

Last edited:
As long as someone practices and trains with the gun, then I don't see any reason why "tiny" guns should be avoided. I carried a Ruger LCP II as a backup/pocket gun for years. The only reason I no longer carry it is that I upgraded to an LCP Max when it was released. I normally carry a larger gun, but there are situations when my wardrobe will only allow for a small pocket gun. 10+1 rounds of .380 ACP in a gun with useable sights definitely beats going unarmed.

I picked up & carried a kimber "solo" which was a great pistol.Accurate,stainless barrel, shot 124 &147 grain ammo.But it only took 6 & 1 rounds.Had an occasion to be scoped out by 4 guys looking for a possible car jack. They came past 3 or 4 times & decided against it (I guess?).I rethought the whole thing & decided on a hellcat.15 & 1 in the tube.Feel much more comfortable now

Back