testtest

Tips for On-Body Concealed Carry in a Car

I normally body carry when going out but there is the occasional trip to the pharmacy drive thru or the like where I am in gym shorts where I do not plan to get out of the car. In that case, I have found that placing my holstered gun in the driver's door side pocket allows for easy access using a left hand draw. In that position, the gun is out of sight yet easily at hand. I clip the belt clips to the edge of the door pocket to insure that the holster stays in place.

I recently done a 180 mile, 5 hour round trip using IWB small of the back (P365) without any discomfort. I didn’t even adjust the seat lumbar. It works for me, access is squirrelly due to the seatbelt lap cinch, but not all that restrictive.
Two, winters passed and always thought I might explore an ankle carry holster for driving in heavy coat season. It’s a different dynamic for the situationally aware city dweller.

I never heard of the “counter carjack holster,” but here’s a recent example of just how quick carjack robberies happen and the takeover method of operation to be aware of should one visit and be out driving after sunset in Sanctuary No Cash Bond Chicago :

Hi,

A well-configured IWB keeps me comfy on long drives. It's a good reminder to make sure seatbelts and shirts are not in the way of your draw.

Riding with a passenger can change the dynamics of carrying in a car. CA does not allow you to place the firearm anywhere in the vehicle where it is accessible to a passenger, i.e. glovebox, door compartment, center console, unless it is in a locked aftermarket device. (Locked OE glove box or console doesn't count.) Otherwise it must stay on your body at all times.

Don't forget to practice your draw in your vehicle and your quick exit from it.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

A well-configured IWB keeps me comfy on long drives. It's a good reminder to make sure seatbelts and shirts are not in the way of your draw.

Riding with a passenger can change the dynamics of carrying in a car. CA does not allow you to place the firearm anywhere in the vehicle where it is accessible to a passenger, i.e. glovebox, door compartment, center console, unless it is in a locked aftermarket device. (Locked OE glove box or console doesn't count.) Otherwise it must stay on your body at all times.

Don't forget to practice your draw in your vehicle and your quick exit from it.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
The instructor who's classes I mostly take has a derelict car and some robotic bad guys and we do carjacking scenarios. It's interesting.

Back