testtest

Tips for shooting a snub nose revolver.

Good article and advice.
Shooting semi auto’s I learned quickly that small framed guns and large hands don’t mix well and definitely agree with the grip factor and feel that’s the biggest issue I have.
I never thought of myself as a revolver guy and my first was one I inherited from my dad after his passing, that gun was retired after finding some small stress cracks in the frame.
I now own two Taurus revolver’s that I enjoy shooting and both have grips that fit my hands well and although they naturally require a different way to grip to control the gun I shoot both very good.
IMG_4456.jpeg

Rubber grips on the left, black laminate wood grips on the right, both comfortable and aggressive at the same time.

I like them too...with practice pay attention to trigger finger placement and grip...you can become proficient with a snubbie....don't get frustrated when you don't get the desired results at first....just take some time and you'll be surprised at your results....

PC.JPG

Revolvers.JPG

Nice primer article. I find green works better for sights for me. As far as grips go I do like a hand filling wood grip over rubber. The lone exception is the rubber grip found on taurus small frame revolvers, that grip I like, its the only one that has remained.

20230307_123713.jpg

20230404_153440.jpg

20210613_120113.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a S&W 640 in .357 I do not find shooting it abusive at all. I've shot everything from 180gr .357 down to 110gr .357. Sure the ground dust jumps from the ground about a foot in that 180° front plane, but it shoots nice...

Back