testtest

Tips for Shooting the Percussion Revolver + Bonus

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member

If you shoot it correctly, a good cap-and-ball revolver will equal the accuracy of most off-the-shelf metallic-cartridge-firing revolvers. Here are some tips!

Tips for Shooting the Percussion Revolver

474377_tips-shooting-percussion-revolvers-02_custom.jpg

Bonus

Taylor's & Company Metallic Cartridge Conversion Cylinders

474945_taylors-and-company-metallic-cartridge-converstion-hero_hero_1200x800.jpg

I have several Colt Blackpowder Signature Series revolvers that I have shot is CAS matches. They are a hoot to shoot and fill the place up with smoke. Great fun!
I have a 1860 Colt Blackpowder Signature Series that I haven't shot since it's too beautiful to do so. I kick myself for not getting the rest of that series.

I should get an Ulberti 1860 to play with.

But I have a ss Old Army that's fun also.

I have a 1860 Colt Blackpowder Signature Series that I haven't shot since it's too beautiful to do so. I kick myself for not getting the rest of that series.

I should get an Ulberti 1860 to play with.

But I have a ss Old Army that's fun also.
Of all of the cap and ball guns I think the 1860 is a beautiful example of the gunmaker's art. The sleek lines and the balance in hand are just what a revolver of the time should be.

I bought a pair of '51 navies to shoot in CAS. One match and they went in the safe. It was a hassle to load them between stages and while more experience would have lessened the time, I found I would rather load cartridges than powder, ball and cap. I do love the look of them and enjoyed shooting them. Caps are hard to find according to the few who do still shoot them. I enjoy the smoke and flame, but my lungs no longer do.

I bought a pair of '51 navies to shoot in CAS. One match and they went in the safe. It was a hassle to load them between stages and while more experience would have lessened the time, I found I would rather load cartridges than powder, ball and cap. I do love the look of them and enjoyed shooting them. Caps are hard to find according to the few who do still shoot them. I enjoy the smoke and flame, but my lungs no longer do.
Everytime I shot my Walkers at a CAS match other cowboys looked over like somebody's gun blew up! When the smoke get's so thick you can't see the shooter everybody just stands there till it dissipates. It does keep the skeeters away.

Back