testtest

To get the jab or not?

@ BET7 , I also have the pain and am on Gabapentin. I take 1 300 MG in morning , 1 around supper time , and 2 at bedtime. Before I started taking the gabapentin , I had the feeling of my feet and lower legs being in a bucket of liquid fire and a small guy running up and down my lower legs with a small ice pick , stabbing away.

I have found that the less sodium I consume the better off I am also.
I hear you papa. When mine flares up, it's in my left thigh and it feels like a blowtorch and knife stabbing sensation at same time that won't stop (especially when seated for a period of time like driving for 15 minutes or more, then getting up and out of the vehicle). I'd continuously slap my thigh because that brief pain was more tolerable than the neuropathy pain/sensation. I notice when my A1c is over 7, is when this seems to occur, so I cut out carb snacks like chips and such, and stopped with the sweets consumption. I also cut down on salt, because I've noticed my BP's been high a few times so cardiologist recommended that. Gabapentin currently has been doing it's job along with me not eating the junk stuff so we'll see. I've never been a dessert person before, but being a recovering alcoholic since 2011, I started substituting the sweets for the alcohol which didn't do any good for my diabetes.

I recently hit another milestone(50) a few weeks back.
Doc recommends getting the shingle’s shot. I am apprehensive but leaning towards just taking the shot.
I hear the long term nerve pain is not to be taken lightly. Your thoughts and experiences are appreciated.
I would for sure get the Shingle's shot. I have had Shingle's and never want it again. Now I take the shot and cross my fingers it does its job.

I hear you papa. When mine flares up, it's in my left thigh and it feels like a blowtorch and knife stabbing sensation at same time that won't stop (especially when seated for a period of time like driving for 15 minutes or more, then getting up and out of the vehicle). I'd continuously slap my thigh because that brief pain was more tolerable than the neuropathy pain/sensation. I notice when my A1c is over 7, is when this seems to occur, so I cut out carb snacks like chips and such, and stopped with the sweets consumption. I also cut down on salt, because I've noticed my BP's been high a few times so cardiologist recommended that. Gabapentin currently has been doing it's job along with me not eating the junk stuff so we'll see. I've never been a dessert person before, but being a recovering alcoholic since 2011, I started substituting the sweets for the alcohol which didn't do any good for my diabetes.
see, i cannot cut down on all sweets..each night, before bedtime, i have either a glass of water, or lemonade, or hot tea. all seasonal dependant....lately now, hot tea.......

then i have 1 Devil Dog..

if i do not have a "sweet snack" before bedtime, i wake up with the sweats, and shakes, telling me, my sugar is like 40 or even lower...

so that "sweet snack", gets me thru the night

the "creme" in the devil dog is lower in sugar, than say Oreo's, so my wake up blood sugar readings after that devil dog can be like 120

where as an Oreo..?? my wake up sugar level can be like 190, or even higher.....

but yes too, as much as "junk stuff" is a staple in the diets of many healthy people, we diabetics have to control that craving.

see, i cannot cut down on all sweets..each night, before bedtime, i have either a glass of water, or lemonade, or hot tea. all seasonal dependant....lately now, hot tea.......

then i have 1 Devil Dog..

if i do not have a "sweet snack" before bedtime, i wake up with the sweats, and shakes, telling me, my sugar is like 40 or even lower...

so that "sweet snack", gets me thru the night

the "creme" in the devil dog is lower in sugar, than say Oreo's, so my wake up blood sugar readings after that devil dog can be like 120

where as an Oreo..?? my wake up sugar level can be like 190, or even higher.....

but yes too, as much as "junk stuff" is a staple in the diets of many healthy people, we diabetics have to control that craving.
Yup, hear ya Old Me. I usually drink OJ when I get that feeling my Blood Glucose level is low (plus drink it in a small glass while taking my meds in the morning). Interestingly, I can fast for over 12+ hours, wake up and then go get blood work done, only drinking water and my BG will always be 180+. Go figure.

Yup, hear ya Old Me. I usually drink OJ when I get that feeling my Blood Glucose level is low (plus drink it in a small glass while taking my meds in the morning). Interestingly, I can fast for over 12+ hours, wake up and then go get blood work done, only drinking water and my BG will always be 180+. Go figure.
that's cuz our bodies produce sugar when it is "starved" for carbs or...sugar.

what i used to do, especially for a DOT med exam, for my DOT Med card.....which is good for 2 years..??
i'd eat like maybe 4 saltine crackers, maybe about 2 hours before a urine test.......

drink water, let that out, drink more, the go for the DOT exam...

by the time i'd get there, it's time to urinate again, comes out free of proteins...

now that was for passing a DOT exam...

if you are just going for a "normal" routine blood test, same thing can apply......but you are doing this for your doctors testing, not a DOT exam....

just saying.......

DOT exams here were not cheap at the time, like $50 each time, and the DOT card if BP or Sugars were found.>?? was only good for 3 months...

what if i was in CA, or UT, or up in Canada......can i get back on time, to get a new DOT med card..??

uhh...nope.......

I’ve been seriously thinking about the shingles shot as well as the pneumonia shot since I’m going to start traveling and with plans to move south in the next few months.
I’ll never get another Covid shot, done with that 💩…. If I’m concerned when I’m traveling in certain areas I’ll just wear a mask.

that's cuz our bodies produce sugar when it is "starved" for carbs or...sugar.

what i used to do, especially for a DOT med exam, for my DOT Med card.....which is good for 2 years..??
i'd eat like maybe 4 saltine crackers, maybe about 2 hours before a urine test.......

drink water, let that out, drink more, the go for the DOT exam...

by the time i'd get there, it's time to urinate again, comes out free of proteins...

now that was for passing a DOT exam...

if you are just going for a "normal" routine blood test, same thing can apply......but you are doing this for your doctors testing, not a DOT exam....

just saying.......

DOT exams here were not cheap at the time, like $50 each time, and the DOT card if BP or Sugars were found.>?? was only good for 3 months...

what if i was in CA, or UT, or up in Canada......can i get back on time, to get a new DOT med card..??

uhh...nope.......
I've never given a second thought to going for a DOT exam and I have always gotten the full expiration time. Which I think used to be 3 years. They keep changing crap though. The first 5 DOT physicals I had they did hernia checks. Luckily all the doctors I've ever had for DOT were women and there was one time when during the hernia exam something happened that caused the 50-ish year old, well built doctor to raise her eyebrows at me. I apologized and suggested it might be better if she wore a lab jacket or a shirt with a higher neckline. She blushed. Anyway, the last 2 times they didn't do hernia exams and they are 2 years now for sure. I don't understand why they don't just make them 5 years to coincide with the Haz Mat qualification. Which is another rip off. The test is something a retarded 6 year old can pass, without studying, but they make you pay and go through a background check and fingerprinting every time. As if my fingerprints changed and as if they wouldn't be notified if I became a felon.

I've never given a second thought to going for a DOT exam and I have always gotten the full expiration time. Which I think used to be 3 years. They keep changing crap though. The first 5 DOT physicals I had they did hernia checks. Luckily all the doctors I've ever had for DOT were women and there was one time when during the hernia exam something happened that caused the 50-ish year old, well built doctor to raise her eyebrows at me. I apologized and suggested it might be better if she wore a lab jacket or a shirt with a higher neckline. She blushed. Anyway, the last 2 times they didn't do hernia exams and they are 2 years now for sure. I don't understand why they don't just make them 5 years to coincide with the Haz Mat qualification. Which is another rip off. The test is something a retarded 6 year old can pass, without studying, but they make you pay and go through a background check and fingerprinting every time. As if my fingerprints changed and as if they wouldn't be notified if I became a felon.
if you are not a diabetic, nor a person on blood pressure meds, most time, yes, you'd not give the DOT exam another thought. when anyone has at least one or two, of those 2 issues, all you can get is a 3 month card......and you'd have better get it renewed before that expires.

back in the old days you simply left the clinic, or whatever, and go someplace else, after you did "somethings" to get those numbers down, then get a good ole 2 year card..

nowadays, if you pass the 3 month DOT, you get a 1 year card.....and with everything being what it is today, it is all linked into a system, and only "certain certified doctors" on the list can do DOT exams.

yeah, my next to last DOT, was at a clinic, the company sent me to...there was a young, long black haired doctor, and she was like WOW...........

i did all i could do, to not have my soldier stand at attention.....

of course, i never told my wife..........but then knowing her she would have just said......"as long as you came home in time for supper"....

but yeah, female doctors giving men DOT exams.........maybe should not be done.........

i mean, i'd not go to a gynecologist for a prostate exam......right....??

CVS pharmacy consumers of medications beware. Maybe this was unintentional...

CVS pharmacy consumers of medications beware. Maybe this was unintentional...

frankly, i don't see the coloration between those wanting or not wanting a shingles shot, or covid shot, or flu shot, to a woman getting the wrong pills.?????

what on earth does this have to do with the subject here..???

show us please in your infinite wisdom how it's the same thing as a shot of vaccine..???

shouldn't you maybe start your own thread on "wrong medicines given by stupid pharmacy counter people"..???

Back