testtest

Todays LGS Visit

N

nmedge

Stopped by the LGS this morning and owner showed me what he said would be the perfect gun for me. It was a Kimber R7 Mako. It wasn't a bad looking gun and it did have night sights. About the size of a Shield or Hellcat. It comes with 2 magazines, one flush and one with pinky extension. He really was pushing me towards it but I have not had good luck with Kimber firearms in the past. I do remember reading something about them having issues when first released but can't exactly remember what the issue was. Price was $599. Not too bad for a Kimber but I told him i was going to wait for the Shield Plus with night sights as its price for LE was $400 and I have never had an issue with a Shield. If anyone out here has the Mako let us know how it runs and if you are happy with it.

I don't have one NMEdge, but I took a look at one at my LGS some time ago. I mentioned the recall that they were unaware of at the time, as the recall was just announce. Low and behold, they looked up the recall serial numbers and the one I was holding was a recall :confused:. It was a nice gun, but similar like you said to small compacts like the Shield. For Kimber, I prefer their full size 1911s.

Recall on R7 Mako Firing pin Safety Block:

Stopped by the LGS this morning and owner showed me what he said would be the perfect gun for me. It was a Kimber R7 Mako. It wasn't a bad looking gun and it did have night sights. About the size of a Shield or Hellcat. It comes with 2 magazines, one flush and one with pinky extension. He really was pushing me towards it but I have not had good luck with Kimber firearms in the past. I do remember reading something about them having issues when first released but can't exactly remember what the issue was. Price was $599. Not too bad for a Kimber but I told him i was going to wait for the Shield Plus with night sights as its price for LE was $400 and I have never had an issue with a Shield. If anyone out here has the Mako let us know how it runs and if you are happy with it.
Yea, I have handled one of these, wasn’t impressed really, rather have either the XDs mod2 or the 365, think you made the right decision

Good luck NM...I walked out of one of my LGS's with a new Hellion today. Feels like a lot of fun...will likely be a PITA to clean.
The Hellion actually field strips really easy without tools.

The stock pulls off the rear after pushing the takedown pin through the side then you can pull off the stock and slide out the bolt assembly for cleaning. You can slide a cleaning rod straight through the rifle.

The Hellion actually field strips really easy without tools.

The stock pulls off the rear after pushing the takedown pin through the side then you can pull off the stock and slide out the bolt assembly for cleaning. You can slide a cleaning rod straight through the rifle.
I stripped it twice to get familiar and lube it up a tad...

Couldn't get the trigger pack out, though. I know that is not normal for a simple field strip, but that push-tab is rock-solid stuck in mine, yes it was cocked with safety on. Hopefully I'll get enough reach with brushes and q-tips once it gets a little funky and needs some TLC. Being a piston, it should stay cleaner longer than the AR, but being situated under the chamber means it will get some carbon in there...

I stripped it twice to get familiar and lube it up a tad...

Couldn't get the trigger pack out, though. I know that is not normal for a simple field strip, but that push-tab is rock-solid stuck in mine, yes it was cocked with safety on. Hopefully I'll get enough reach with brushes and q-tips once it gets a little funky and needs some TLC. Being a piston, it should stay cleaner longer than the AR, but being situated under the chamber means it will get some carbon in there...
As 10MM said, it easily breaks down into many parts giving lots of cleaning access without any tools. It's been a little while but I do remember my trigger pack giving me a fit the first time also.

Shooting the Hellion is a pile of fun. It's a little more challenging to zero and then shoot other distances with the sight heights or any scope or red dot being about 4.5" above the barrel.

He had told me that they were never recalled but i knew there was something with them. Like I said I can't go wrong with a Shield, i have nothing but time!
No Kimber's here but ... It's a little sad that your LGS didn't know about the recall, that's his business. It's even worse if he did and was just trying to get rid of the gun instead of getting it fixed like a used car salesman. Glad you were armed with your own knowledge of the handgun.

Back