testtest

Top 5 Concealed Carry Mistakes

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
There’s more to concealed carry than getting a CCW permit and strapping a gun on your hip. Don’t rush into carrying a firearm—learn the top mistakes and how to avoid them.

Top 5 Concealed Carry Mistakes

1612913173613.png

I would throw in something else. Don't be reluctant to participate in a shooting sport like USPSA or IDPA. Yes, it is NOT defensive training. But you will learn to shoot accurately, shoot on the move, shoot under pressure, shoot in different positions, and get some good instructions. Be aware of the self made "experts" and go there to learn and have fun. I would also recommend in the beginning to use the gun you carry with for competition. Later you can pick up your 24 round, 3lb, OSP, 2lb trigger custom to shoot.

I would throw in something else. Don't be reluctant to participate in a shooting sport like USPSA or IDPA. Yes, it is NOT defensive training. But you will learn to shoot accurately, shoot on the move, shoot under pressure, shoot in different positions, and get some good instructions. Be aware of the self made "experts" and go there to learn and have fun. I would also recommend in the beginning to use the gun you carry with for competition. Later you can pick up your 24 round, 3lb, OSP, 2lb trigger custom to shoot.
I would say you dont need to join or participate in matches, but rather take good classes from several different ranges(with instructors you find you like and trust). I have taken many classes for rifle and pistol to improve my shooting over the years. I dislike competition matches. Not my thing. I like one on one, shoot and move, personal instruction and could care less to compete against others. I compete against myself and my standards.

I would say you dont need to join or participate in matches, but rather take good classes from several different ranges(with instructors you find you like and trust). I have taken many classes for rifle and pistol to improve my shooting over the years. I dislike competition matches. Not my thing. I like one on one, shoot and move, personal instruction and could care less to compete against others. I compete against myself and my standards.
To each his own. I used to find matches fun. (No longer able to compete)

Either one would work, in conjunction to shooting matches or finding a reputable instructor. Someone may not like to shoot in front of a bunch of folks whereas someone may like to and could pick something up from a match. I love IDPA. I know an instructor that I couldn’t recommend enough, for those that don’t want to shoot in matches. It is personal preference.

Back