testtest

Top off magazine?

I mean, the reality is that (barring our members who are law enforcement or security) the vast majority of us will go to the end of time without having a genuine need to draw our firearms in self-defense.

To quote John Bernard Bookd load six if your insides tell you to."

And if the day ever comes when my insides tell me to I will too.
when i went to the police station to pick up my CCW, one of the first things i said to the detective in the BCI usit was, "now, i hope i never have to use it"...

"button down pocket" not many t-shirts have a button down pocket. Mine certainly do not.

Barney Fife from Andy Griffith the picture referenced carries his one bullet allowed in his uniform shirt pocket.
as a general rule, for every day shirt wearing, i wear Dickies work shirts. they have big pockets, one for my glass case, one for my cell phone.

spring thru fall, i wear a pocket T shirt, just for the glass case.

problem too, i buy like 27,000 Dickies work shirts, all that khaki color...drives my wife nuts...that and dark gray socks, and dark blue Dickies work pants.

wife said, why all the same color"?

told her, "cuz it's easy to get dressed in the dark and be color coordinated"

"button down pocket" not many t-shirts have a button down pocket. Mine certainly do not.

Barney Fife from the Andy Griffith Show, the picture referenced, carries his one bullet allowed in his uniform shirt pocket.
I'm aware of how Barney carried his plus 1 ( I find it really interesting that his handcuff case appears to be mounted upside down on his belt). I'm fairly certain that if I ever had to put around in my t-shirt pocket under my work shirt it would have been secure there too

For me, most dwell on how many rounds they have, full mags and such, I don’t worry about that, I dwell on my shot placement, to me, shot placement is more important than how many rounds you have.
I agree. For some folks the more rounds they have takes the edge off having to aim and increases the number of times they can miss and still hit the target at least once.:cool:

If shtf then everything i own gets topped off. Range time? 3 to 5 in the mag. I’d go through ammo too fast otherwise.
yeah, my former shooting buddy, could only get to the range once in a while if he could get the day off.

when we'd go to the range, he'd take like 100 to 150 rounds, and blow them off in short time.

he'd say, he was too excited to go slower.

he tried to focus on the targets, but he didn't practice as much as me, so he'd maybe get a good grouping with the last of his 3 to 6 rounds of ammo left.

I'm aware of how Barney carried his plus 1 ( I find it really interesting that his handcuff case appears to be mounted upside down on his belt). I'm fairly certain that if I ever had to put around in my t-shirt pocket under my work shirt it would have been secure there too
Barney only had 1 round...Andy would not allow hm to have a fully loaded revolver.....o_O

so he had better be a great shot, with only 1 round..... :LOL:

yeah, my former shooting buddy, could only get to the range once in a while if he could get the day off.

when we'd go to the range, he'd take like 100 to 150 rounds, and blow them off in short time.

he'd say, he was too excited to go slower.

he tried to focus on the targets, but he didn't practice as much as me, so he'd maybe get a good grouping with the last of his 3 to 6 rounds of ammo left.
I limit myself to 50-100(max)/visit. I used to blow through 200-250 in no time without making progress. I am better off slowing down and making the shots count.

as a general rule, for every day shirt wearing, i wear Dickies work shirts. they have big pockets, one for my glass case, one for my cell phone.

spring thru fall, i wear a pocket T shirt, just for the glass case.

problem too, i buy like 27,000 Dickies work shirts, all that khaki color...drives my wife nuts...that and dark gray socks, and dark blue Dickies work pants.

wife said, why all the same color"?

told her, "cuz it's easy to get dressed in the dark and be color coordinated"
I've said this before but five or six years ago I decided to simplify my wardrobe. I went out and bought seven roughly identical pairs of Wrangler cargo pants and seven camp shirts. My employer required black T-shirts so I just bought all black T-shirts. I matched up all seven outfits (with my wife's assistance) and they hang in my closet like Garanimals (if that's even still a thing). When I get dressed I just grab the next set in the closet and role.

I've said this before but five or six years ago I decided to simplify my wardrobe. I went out and bought seven roughly identical pairs of Wrangler cargo pants and seven camp shirts. My employer required black T-shirts so I just bought all black T-shirts. I matched up all seven outfits (with my wife's assistance) and they hang in my closet like Garanimals (if that's even still a thing). When I get dressed I just grab the next set in the closet and role.
exactly, life is so much simpler

I limit myself to 50-100(max)/visit. I used to blow through 200-250 in no time without making progress. I am better off slowing down and making the shots count.
yeah, i only take 1 gun myself. in the beginning, i'd take 2, maybe 3..

i always get to either the range or club by 9AM.. then i leave and get home by 11 AM

but then, when i got home, i'd have that many guns to clean as well.

nap time is about 12:30 to 1:30 daily, and cleaning all those guns, interfered with my naps.

yeah, i only take 1 gun myself. in the beginning, i'd take 2, maybe 3..

i always get to either the range or club by 9AM.. then i leave and get home by 11 AM

but then, when i got home, i'd have that many guns to clean as well.

nap time is about 12:30 to 1:30 daily, and cleaning all those guns, interfered with my naps.
I normally bring a defense gun (9 or .45) and a .22 (usually a rifle). I enjoy the .22’s an awful lot. I don’t mind cleaning them. Part of the range day for me.

Nowadays I tend to take 3. My 45s go every time to maintain proficiency and give me a chance to function check. Then i usually take the my mossberg 715T (mag fed .22lr) usually take about 100 rounds per caliber. Used to take more but got sick of lugging all the ammo around.

I only take more than that for a purpose. When i took the wife shooting for the first time i brought six and rented two more while we were there. In that one visit she shot .22lr, .38 spl, 357 mag, .380acp, 9mm luger, 40 s&w and 45acp. Sucked to clean what i brought afterward.

I didn't give some tactical reasoning behind not dropping my magazine and putting another bullet in it. I said I was too lazy to bother.

I also said that if my life hinges on that one bullet I brought the wrong gun anyway.
Wasn’t referring to you. I was just answering the question you asked me.

Fact is you aren’t always necessarily in control of whether you brought the right gun or not. It’s usually not practical or even possible to carry the right gun for defending yourself against an armed mob for instance. Or 4 hood rats with AKs. Since we know we really can’t guarantee we will be properly prepared, it makes sense to be as prepared as possible. I got spare mags, med kit, shotgun in the trunk maybe. Is what it is brother.

I’m not saying that one bullet is ever on my mind, I’m just saying when I loaded my carry guns, which happened at home in a leisurely fashion, I loaded them fully. I would guess it took 3 seconds or so to drop the mag, put a round in it and reinsert it in the gun.

Incidentally my shotguns are also fully loaded.

If shtf then everything i own gets topped off. Range time? 3 to 5 in the mag. I’d go through ammo too fast otherwise.
All my comments in this thread thus far pertain to carry guns. My range mags are empty and loaded in real time depending on what kind of drill or exercise I’m doing. Almost never are they fully loaded.

Back