testtest

Top off magazine?

Mec-Gar mags came with my Emissary so I consider them OEM and the 4 I have have run flawlessly in that 1911.

Yes, we have all had this exact conversation, about this exact gun, quite a while ago. I have concluded that Mec Gar 25 some years ago is not the same quality stuff it is today. I suspect they are still the lowest bidder though which is why some manufacturers use them for their OEM mags. Turns out I actually have some Mec Gar mags that run well. They are masquerading as Kimber 7 rd. mags.

Incidentally, they are the only ones who are currently manufacturing a 13 rd. magazine for this gun. They sell through someone/thing called Greg Cote LLC. They are $26/ea and currently out of stock.

Never top off. That being said it may be OK. But topping off seems like pushing things some. Last full round does not seem to load as easily as the rest. I always keep mags fully loaded minus one and one round in the chamber. Only exception is I don't keep one in the chamber with AR and shotgun at home. But if things keep going to hell, I may start. Other than that, pistols are always ready to go.

I gave up on revolvers after Summer of Love 2020. Just kept a dozen revolvers in storage for back up against dems outlawing semi-auto. Revolvers are pretty useless in this day and age. If I knew for sure semi-auto would never be outlawed, I'd dump the revolvers.

We have all seen the hordes of zombies with our own eyes. What other info do you need to know to retire your six shooters? (Or even worse...5 shooter snubs.)
You do realize that a fully loaded mag (minus 1) is not fully loaded. 🤦‍♂️😵‍💫😬😂😂

If mag holds 15 rounds, that is what I load. I do not put the +1 in any of my guns.I do not like all that pressure on the magazine when trying to cram it full after gun is loaded. If one more round is that important, get a bigger gun or practice more. I still always short my AR's also. Got into the habit in military and never broke it.

If mag holds 15 rounds, that is what I load. I do not put the +1 in any of my guns.I do not like all that pressure on the magazine when trying to cram it full after gun is loaded. If one more round is that important, get a bigger gun or practice more. I still always short my AR's also. Got into the habit in military and never broke it.
You keep saying that. It's insulting. As if people who fully load their mags should practice more.

Why would a dead shot such as yourself carry any more than 1 rd ?:rolleyes:

I carried a Sig P226 for the local police department for many years. I was issued 3 - 15 round magazines and 46 rounds, so I could re-fill (or top off) the magazine. I still do that for my EDC. At the range I just shoot a magazine. I don't see a need to top it off there.

If mag holds 15 rounds, that is what I load. I do not put the +1 in any of my guns.I do not like all that pressure on the magazine when trying to cram it full after gun is loaded.
Sorry, but I don't fully understand this statement. To me 15 is always 15

Back