testtest

'Train as you fight, fight as you train'

I'm not sure of the shooter, but I recently watched a video from Federal (ammunition), where the shooter in the video practiced getting his heart rate up and then taking a long precision shot. He'd do 50 or so squats to get his heart rate up, then run to his rifle, and set up for the shot. He didn't rush it, but did some breathing exercises to somewhat control his breathing, then slowly squeeze off a round at a target some good distance away. He was trying to simulate climbing hills, and other strenuous activities that might occur during hunting or precision shooting, and then taking a decent control shot with elevated heart rate afterwards.
I realize this isn't exactly "fighting" per say, but it could be used as an exercise in fight training as well (shoot, run, stop, shoot again, etc.).

I think in a self-defense situation we'll all have an "adrenaline dump" elevating our heart beat.

Absolutely. It should be a part of everyone's training to drill under stress. And the only way to simulate stress is to elevate your heart rate. Clearly it's not going to be the same as being in a life or death situation, but it's as close as we can get.

Back