testtest

Trigger Safety

You are not alone, Tx ANG and barjohn. I can't comment on the Glock style safety since I have never shot a Glock or any other pistol with the trigger safety (I will probably be ostracized for saying that and ejected from the site!). I just prefer a hammer.

I guess I can see it as an added drop safety but I thought that was the purpose of the striker block (firing pin block). Maybe it acts as an added safety?
The striker block prevents the pistol from firing if the trigger isn’t pressed to the rear...but, if the pistol drops from a great enough height and at the correct angle, the trigger will have enough momentum to move to the rear, negating the striker block.

That’s why it was added to the Glock...the very first pre-production models didn’t have it.

You have to remember the first safety on any firearm, the one between your ears. Keep your finger out of the triggerguard and off the trigger until you your firearm is on target and you have made the decision to fire. I have shot a large assortment of handguns. I really did not have a problem when shooting the Glock. I own a few and the triggers are acceptable on some and exceptional on others. Just my 2 cents. :)

Back