testtest

Trigger work on Hellcat Pro

bllefkay

Operator
I’m installing an Apex trigger shortly once it arrives end of week. Not concerned about the task, feel confident about it. I’ve seen where folks have mentioned polishing contact points while disassembled. Makes since BUT not seeing any reference vids/images showing exact surfaces to address. Anyone bored out there that can provide pics of exact surfaces, contact points to polish? Thanks!

I’m installing an Apex trigger shortly once it arrives end of week. Not concerned about the task, feel confident about it. I’ve seen where folks have mentioned polishing contact points while disassembled. Makes since BUT not seeing any reference vids/images showing exact surfaces to address. Anyone bored out there that can provide pics of exact surfaces, contact points to polish? Thanks!
If you find any pics or videos share them or links to them please. It would be nice to know for my Pro.

Got my Apex today and installed it. Never found any sources on surfaces to buff so I skipped that step for now. Trigger feels a little better while dry firing, it's not night and day for me but range time tomorrow won't lie on improved accuracy. Installation was simple EXCEPT for securing the new trigger pin into the bar. I was able to do it without a vice BUT I wouldn't recommend installing without one, it was a pain but fortunately I did it without damage. The replacement striker spring only had one extra ring/twist on it, not sure if that's really going to do anything. I've seen pictures of new striker springs that were definitely longer but my replacement spring wasn't. Anyway, gun passed all safety checks and I'll post results tomorrow.

Got my Apex today and installed it. Never found any sources on surfaces to buff so I skipped that step for now. Trigger feels a little better while dry firing, it's not night and day for me but range time tomorrow won't lie on improved accuracy. Installation was simple EXCEPT for securing the new trigger pin into the bar. I was able to do it without a vice BUT I wouldn't recommend installing without one, it was a pain but fortunately I did it without damage. The replacement striker spring only had one extra ring/twist on it, not sure if that's really going to do anything. I've seen pictures of new striker springs that were definitely longer but my replacement spring wasn't. Anyway, gun passed all safety checks and I'll post results tomorrow.
I have A/B 'ed M&P Shields with and without the Apex kits. Not a huge difference. Little smoother maybe. And the flat triggers are nicer than the hinged ones that come stock I guess. Not enough of a difference for me to mess with personally.

Just got back from range, happy with my $80 upgrade. Shot 150 rounds, outdoor, 15 yards in 45 degree weather. Started slow, verified I wasn’t pulling shots, after first 20 in red area, I started rapid firing just to get hell out of there because of the fricking cold. Obviously, my misses started going low from trigger pull. I’ll never shoot competition wise because of age and eyes but I’m pleased with my efforts!
0E3B3B7B-AB32-4D6D-BE77-1F6D689732E6.jpeg

Just got back from range, happy with my $80 upgrade. Shot 150 rounds, outdoor, 15 yards in 45 degree weather. Started slow, verified I wasn’t pulling shots, after first 20 in red area, I started rapid firing just to get hell out of there because of the fricking cold. Obviously, my misses started going low from trigger pull. I’ll never shoot competition wise because of age and eyes but I’m pleased with my efforts!View attachment 33220
Nice shootin' buddy. I'm glad you're happy with the upgrade.

Just ordered another mod to gun - damn this sport is just as expensive as my daily golf, lol!

Attachments

• 569C98E1-63E0-4EC7-B4FC-318B04E3C37D.jpeg
    569C98E1-63E0-4EC7-B4FC-318B04E3C37D.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 157
Thanks Mister! By the way, I noticed you're in PA. My stomping grounds for first 18 years of life was at top the state (Wheeling) of WV, go Steelers!
Yep, half hour north of Pittsburgh. I was down in Tridelphia, WV last Saturday at the Cabela's picking up a new rangefinder that was on sale, only about 5 miles from Wheeling. 😉

Back