testtest

Tritium/Luminesent front Sight

A quick question then about the rear sight on my Xds mod 2 with the tritium/luminescent front sight...
Why are there no luminescent dots on the rear sight? They paint dots on the standard fiber optic rear sight. (I have old guy eyes with the bifocals in my contacts, this is why I ask!) LOL

A quick question then about the rear sight on my Xds mod 2 with the tritium/luminescent front sight...
Why are there no luminescent dots on the rear sight? They paint dots on the standard fiber optic rear sight. (I have old guy eyes with the bifocals in my contacts, this is why I ask!) LOL
Because you want to draw your eye to the front sight. A lot of people like a blacked out U notch rear sight with a tritium front sight. Some people report “ losing” the front sight. That’s the purpose of the orange rings on the TFX Pros. My PC Shield has red FO rear sights and a green FO front sight. They’re pretty nice.

Because you want to draw your eye to the front sight. A lot of people like a blacked out U notch rear sight with a tritium front sight. Some people report “ losing” the front sight. That’s the purpose of the orange rings on the TFX Pros. My PC Shield has red FO rear sights and a green FO front sight. They’re pretty nice.
Bob is right. I went from the traditional 3-duty setup to the u-dot rear and noticed an improvement in accuracy. I like the Elite series u-dot with the white outline even better.

Thank you, that makes a lot of sense.

The stock front sight on my Hellcat looks the same as what's pictured above - and no, the ring does not glow. It is a hi-viz yellow for easier pickup in daylight, but only the tritium center dot glows.

As a side note, that front sight works beautifully with a Trijicon HD rear 2-dot sight. I just installed the Trijicon on my Hellcat - it has white rings on the vials for daytime, and glows just as bright as that stock front sight at night. Elevation seems about dead-on, too - no sight-height problems, shots go on-target just like they should (I practice at home with an 8" plate, at about 10 yards).
Did you have the U dot sight on the rear originally?
And if so, did you just want an upgrade or didn’t you like it?

Recently bought a hellcat came with fiber optic. Does not glow. Can see the red dot looking from the rear. Wish the dealer would have infotimed me of the difference with the yellow tritium. Love the gun for the exception of the front sight. I ordered a new front sight front sight from night vision I feel I will be much happier with the upgrade. Am I expecting to much from the stock sight? I’m new at this game. Also any input on changing the rear sight, which I have no issues with my eyes. But the yellow the color pops & visully works better with my eyes. Thanks for listening & any input would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 140
Did you have the U dot sight on the rear originally?
And if so, did you just want an upgrade or didn’t you like it?

Yes, it had the factory U sight in the rear, and the factory tritium-with-yellow-glow-ring up front. I liked it fine...in daylight. They should have made the U glow, or put tritium dots on either side of it like this:

| * U * |

So you could acquire a sight picture at night. I switched mine because I wanted low-light front and rear sights. I have TruGlo sights on my XD-s, so I'm used to the three-dot glow picture. I went with Trijicon this time and am extremely happy with the brightness, both daytime (white rings around the dots) and night. All I changed was my rear - elevation works fine with the factory front dot sight.

Still have the rear original factory u sight. Just ordered the yellow front sight from night vision which will replace the original red vial front sight. Will take it to a pro shop to have it installed

Yes, it had the factory U sight in the rear, and the factory tritium-with-yellow-glow-ring up front. I liked it fine...in daylight. They should have made the U glow, or put tritium dots on either side of it like this:

| * U * |

So you could acquire a sight picture at night. I switched mine because I wanted low-light front and rear sights. I have TruGlo sights on my XD-s, so I'm used to the three-dot glow picture. I went with Trijicon this time and am extremely happy with the brightness, both daytime (white rings around the dots) and night. All I changed was my rear - elevation works fine with the factory front dot sight.
I quickly noticed that the U-dot tactical rack rear sight on the XD-S Mod.2 was worthless in blackout conditions without a weapon mounted/tactical light. I would not engage a target in this condition without a light source of some sort.

| * U * |

Thanks for all the info. Now I’m curious and will be researching!

I missed it I believe but who makes the sights for the HellCat? Those sights almost look like the Ameriglo Bold sights.

I quickly noticed that the U-dot tactical rack rear sight on the XD-S Mod.2 was worthless in blackout conditions without a weapon mounted/tactical light. I would not engage a target in this condition without a light source of some sort.
received my new sights from nightvision. Originally I just ordered the front also ordered the rear with the notch . Picked it up tonight what a difference. The rear has a dot on each side of the notch. They also have it with the U shape.

Back