testtest

TRITIUM SIGHTS ?

I know that Springfield is selling the XS sights; however, for years I have used the Tritium/Fiber optic sights from Trull for years in a variety of pistols from Colt to, SIG, to Springfield. The factory sights on my BRAND NEW SA-35 shoots a 147gr 9mm to 6" high and 5" to the left. I shoot 1247gr factory loads for practice because I carry Speer G2 147gr serious ammo. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of problem??

Have you shot the gun from a rest on a bench, or offhand? Sometimes the ergonomics of a new platform will result in deviation. Shooting high and left are common issues for right hand shooters. Often it is trigger finger placement, or the trigger finger rubbing on the right side of the frame when pressing the trigger. I have been shooting since the first moon landing and still battle this tendency.

I would shoot it from a rest position to eliminate as much shooter input as possible before doing anything to the sights. I would also try it with 115 grain rounds to see what happens . Less recoil.

Once you rule out shooter input if the problem persists address the sights. I like to zero at 3 yards with a dime sized target then move back to the 7. Some sights are set up for a center hold, some for a 6 O'Clock hold. Know your gun.

As far as tritium sights are concerned, I favor Trijicon HD sights for my old eyes. You can ship them a slide and they will install the right height sights for the cost of the sights. Call Trijicon customer service and they will send you a label.

The sights are centered on the slide; all of us had to hold the ENTIRE FRONT SIGHT ABOVE THE REAR to achieve these results. I am really afraid the barrel is not aligned properly in the slide. I guess Monday means a call to customer service. This is not standard for Springfield, but I waited a year from time of full payment order to receiving this thing and I really like the way it is put together (in general) and I know Hi Powers. - carried them for years in uniform.

Back