testtest

TRP Available Caliber Options

Mark P.

Alpha
Founding Member
Currently the Springfield TRP line comes available in either a .45ACP, or in a 10MM package option. However, there is currently no offering of a 9MM, within the TRP product line. The Springfield Custom line offers the Professional Model (similar to the TRP, but next level in quality, craftsmanship, and pricing) in a 9MM package option, or in a .45ACP package option. Does anyone else hope that a TRP line 9MM package option becomes available?

This is exactly what I am looking for. TRP Operator in 9mm. I would go RO Elite Operator but no front checkering scares me away.

You may want to look for a Springfield Lipsey's Combat Operator in 9mm . In 2015 early 16 Springfield made a 9mm and 45acp Combat Operator . It was a Lipsey's exclusive it was assembled by SACS - Springfield Armory Custom Shop .
Read about it here :

I would love one of those "Profe$$ional" 9mm's (or .45 acp's), but I'm not as fond of the Springfield Custom ca$h price required to obtain one. The TRP's are co$tly enough as is, and of course, the Springfield Custom options are even more. Amazing firearms, but they're financially out of reach for many people these days.

The Combat Operator is a Production gun assembled by SACS . Suggested was 1790.00 but they can be found
for around the price of a TRP 1500.00 on gun broker or other sights used you can find them around 1100.00

Currently the Springfield TRP line comes available in either a .45ACP, or in a 10MM package option. However, there is currently no offering of a 9MM, within the TRP product line. The Springfield Custom line offers the Professional Model (similar to the TRP, but next level in quality, craftsmanship, and pricing) in a 9MM package option, or in a .45ACP package option. Does anyone else hope that a TRP line 9MM package option becomes available?

It would seem that it would be a popular option. I would think many people would like a 9mm version.

Not for me, because it's a 1911 style. Ergonomics doesn't work for me.

No I do not.
The 1911 TRP should be a .45 ACP. The 9mm is made in other 1911 models. And even though they are in a lower grade model, they too should be a .45ACP. I mean why not add a .40 as well? Or a .357 sig 1911? The .45 is what the 1911 was founded on and should remain as such.

I've never heard anyone claim a 1911's ergonomics were an issue before, but to each their own, which is another one of the great freedoms of America.
The angle of the grip doesn't work for me. I had a 1911 style 45 before that I had put 1k rounds threw it without any decent groupings. This lead me too believe that a 45acp was a junk cartridge. About 25 years later I bought a Glock21 and a Winchester white box of ammo. That day I put a stake that was 1.5" wide and 18" sticking out of the ground. I loaded 13 rounds, went back 15 yards, took aim and fired the complete mag in about a minute. Went too the stake and counted 11 hits and concluded that it wasn't the cartridge, but the 1911.

My 50ae is the only pistol I have spent over 1k$ for. Even my sig226 in a 357 chamber was barely 800 dollars. There are a few revolvers over 1k that I would spend that kind of money on. As it goes, "Too each is your own"!

Back