testtest

Truck gun

In the early 60's I lived in a rural county and went to a small consolidated high school. Most vehicles in the parking lot were pickup trucks and almost all had Rifles/shotguns in rear window racks. Never had a gun related incident and most of the trucks were driven by teenagers. Can anyone imagine this today? My EDC is a 9mm in car or truck.

Last edited:
When I lived rurally, I had a few different truck guns that lived behind the seat, or in the pocket in the front of the seat cover…

Long guns behind the seat included a Yugo M48 Mauser, a M44 Nagant, a Yugo 59/66 SKS, a Swede 96 in 6.5…briefly a Hesse FAL.

Front seat pocket guns included a GP100, RIA 1911 GI, a Browning Buckmark (the only one I actually ever used), and a Glock 21.

I don’t keep a dedicated vehicle gun anymore, though. Now, whatever I carry is the “truck” (or, SUV now) gun.

In the early 60's I lived in a rural county and went to a small consolidated high school. Most vehicles in the parking lot were pickup trucks and almost had Rifles/shotguns in rear window racks. Never had a gun related incident and most of the trucks were driven by teenagers. Can anyone imagine this today? My EDC is a 9mm in car or truck.
A bunch of responsible people all carrying guns and no one was getting shot. Now we have gun control fanatics and there are shootings all the time, I'm starting to see a pattern here.

SANY4960.JPG

I was a mechanic for the city I live in for 25 years. As such, I saw Police Officers on a daily basis. Every single one I've ever spoken to about it tell me that the vast majority of stolen gun reports they do have the weapon stolen out of a vehicle. The problem has gotten so bad in Memphis that MPD and local TV news ran stories and PSAs about NOT leaving guns in vehicles.
Many keep a cheap firearm in their vehicle just in case it is stolen. BUT, you have still supplied a criminal with a working firearm! DON"T DO IT! :mad:
If there's a firearm in my vehicle, its usually attached to me. Whatever it is, it leaves the vehicle when I do.

Hi,

Yeah, this thread brings back memories. When I was a kid it seemed like everyone had a gun rack in the back window of their pickup truck, full of long guns. They would park their truck, leave it unlocked, windows down, keys in the ignition, and go do their shopping, get their haircut, or whatever. NO worries. I miss those days.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

Yeah, this thread brings back memories. When I was a kid it seemed like everyone had a gun rack in the back window of their pickup truck, full of long guns. They would park their truck, leave it unlocked, windows down, keys in the ignition, and go do their shopping, get their haircut, or whatever. NO worries. I miss those days.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
yep, they were the old days.

Back