testtest

true, isn't it?

Old_Me

Ronin
1713041951504.png

Unless congress approves it allah the PPP loans during Covid, that had massive scams as well as the airline bailouts. Which honestly seems to have made that industry even worse, which is somewhat shocking considering what crappy customer service they had before.

Like most things, it's not a simple black and white issue. There's a lot of nuance and a lot of players in the student loan and tuition issue that make sound bites satisfying but not realistic.
Well there is no doubt MOHELA is a corrupt, pile of crap and our government is complicit in their corruption.

Plenty of people took student loans out, graduated with degrees in useful areas of study and were subsequently screwed over by Mohela and corrupt and misleading term changes need to be corrected. MOHELA was already spanked once and they went right back to it. Nevertheless, student loan forgiveness meted out by the executive branch is illegal and unconstitutional.

It is definitely a "black and white" issue. If one signs on the dotted line and accepts the loan, then that one is responsible for the repayment of the loan. No double-speak can change that fact. Restructure them maybe, but to force others to pay them is asinine. America is a proud nation built upon a proud tradition of taking responsibility for one's own actions. It's the left leaning, so-called progressive mind set who finds it fair for others to pay the freight of the one's not responsible for themselves. That's total asininity.

The real issue is the exorbitant cost today of these student loans, and they'll only continue to get bigger by the gov't guaranteeing them to be paid and/or forcing the payment on to other taxpayers. And these borrowers don't care what the amount is or what the repayment schedule amounts to, as long as they can go to the school where all their friends are going, or the school with the biggest name and best parties.

Now I know I'm painting with a very broad brush, but I know from first hand how this works with 'some'. And it's this group who will receive the benefits of someone else repaying their student loans. Those who undertook these outrageous loans but found a way to repay them as they should have, have my utmost respect. Those who have done their best to shirk the responsibility are like feral animals who come to your back door where you'll continue to feed them, all the time complaining about them dirtying up around your back door and continuing to come there for a free handout.

The gov't needs to get the heck out of the school loan business and let the borrowers get them either from the schools themselves, or from other legitimate lenders. Seems to me a logical process would be for schools to provide loans to students they accept. Or ... heaven forbid, hold the students who agreed to these loans, responsible for them, and in short order the cost of them will be under control.

You keep picking up and cleaning your teen's room for them, and assigning no chores to them, and pretty soon about the time they should be becoming responsible adults they'll come to expect that others will always do for them and never expect anything from them. That's a very large part of the overall problem right now! OK, rant over!

Like most things, it's not a simple black and white issue. There's a lot of nuance and a lot of players in the student loan and tuition issue that make sound bites satisfying but not realistic.
Of course it's "nuanced" the bleeping gov. is involved. However, it is still Pretty black and white. Person borrowed $ under a set of terms and conditions. They got the $ and now it is time to keep up their end of the agreement. If someone took the $ lived in Me. and flew to Calf. twice a month to attend classes racking up more and more debt, (true story) or got an "advanced degree" in some unemployable, or flat-out stupid course, that's on the borrower, NOT the taxpayer. Lets not forget that many of these graduates are offered an opportunity to work for/with the gov. for a number of years, where the Gov. wants/needs them and then they get their debt "forgiven". But that's not good enough. They want it all for free. (free for them) :mad:
No one is beating a path to my door to pay off my mortgage, oh wait I worked extra, and went without to pay it off in less than half the time. Same for my cars and everything I own. Now you want me to do the same for someone else, while they continue to sit on their @$$?

Of course it's "nuanced" the bleeping gov. is involved. However, it is still Pretty black and white. Person borrowed $ under a set of terms and conditions. They got the $ and now it is time to keep up their end of the agreement. If someone took the $ lived in Me. and flew to Calf. twice a month to attend classes racking up more and more debt, (true story) or got an "advanced degree" in some unemployable, or flat-out stupid course, that's on the borrower, NOT the taxpayer. Lets not forget that many of these graduates are offered an opportunity to work for/with the gov. for a number of years, where the Gov. wants/needs them and then they get their debt "forgiven". But that's not good enough. They want it all for free. (free for them) :mad:
No one is beating a path to my door to pay off my mortgage, oh wait I worked extra, and went without to pay it off in less than half the time. Same for my cars and everything I own. Now you want me to do the same for someone else, while they continue to sit on their @$$?
Except the terms and conditions are not the same ones they agreed to. They were changed, without consent of the borrowers. And the government was complicit.

And for the record, I do not support student loan forgiveness. I do however support loan restructuring in most cases to terms that aren't ridiculous.

Except the terms and conditions are not the same ones they agreed to. They were changed, without consent of the borrowers. And the government was complicit.
And that's not Kosher either. On the other hand the G.D. Gov. has changed the terms and conditions of things that they FORCED me to pay for all my working life, and never for my benefit. SSI, Medicare, Veterans benefits, Workmans comp. Unemployment benefits... I.E.

FYI:
The cost of higher education from 1980 to 2022 has increased 180%. FORBES ADVISOR May 9, 2023.
"$1 in 1980 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $3.79 today, an increase of $2.79 over 44 years. The dollar had an average inflation rate of 3.07% per year between 1980 and today, producing a cumulative price increase of 279.04%." U.S. Bureau of Labor inflation calculator.
"Figures lie and liars figure" take all those numbers with as many grains of salt as you wish. Bottom line IMHO if you borrow money to learn stupid :poop:, or more than you can pay back, that's on you. But, you did learn one big lesson. Life aint fair.

And that's not Kosher either. On the other hand the G.D. Gov. has changed the terms and conditions of things that they FORCED me to pay for all my working life, and never for my benefit. SSI, Medicare, Veterans benefits, Workmans comp. Unemployment benefits... I.E.

FYI:
The cost of higher education from 1980 to 2022 has increased 180%. FORBES ADVISOR May 9, 2023.
"$1 in 1980 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $3.79 today, an increase of $2.79 over 44 years. The dollar had an average inflation rate of 3.07% per year between 1980 and today, producing a cumulative price increase of 279.04%." U.S. Bureau of Labor inflation calculator.
"Figures lie and liars figure" take all those numbers with as many grains of salt as you wish. Bottom line IMHO if you borrow money to learn stupid :poop:, or more than you can pay back, that's on you. But, you did learn one big lesson. Life aint fair.
Yeah, I don’t recall arguing otherwise.

1) Except the terms and conditions are not the same ones they agreed to. They were changed, without consent of the borrowers. And the government was complicit.

2)And for the record, I do not support student loan forgiveness. I do however support loan restructuring in most cases to terms that aren't ridiculous.
1) there should be a clause in any student loan, that they must inform you of any changes, to give the borrower time to either pay off the loan, or...do below

2) continued from above, re-finance the loan at a lower rate offered, either thru the originator of the loan, or obtain a personal loan from their regular bank.

hell, we can refi an auto loan, our mortgage, why not a student loan..???

thing too if i recall, the student loan is not erased if one files bankruptcy..???

i'm glad i don't have this issue, all my kids with my help, paid off thier student loans..

it was the last i could have done as a parent, and way back then, the interest rate and monthly payments were not as high as they are now.

I’ve gotta wonder “why”? My wife, myself, my son and one granddaughter all finished Maters level education while graduating with ZERO debt, simply by paying for our education as we got it. We worked while getting our education. That, and scholarships for the granddaughter and 20 years of Marine Corps resulted in a debt free situation. We did not “go away” to school, we did not spend our time partying. We simply worked to achieve our goals. When granddaughter finished Her Bachelor's she was so incredibly proud of herself. She told me “Grandpa, some of my friends are graduating with more than $250,000 in debt. I don’t owe a penny””. I sincerely believe that a system like Georgia had 20 years ago is ideal. Money from the lottery goes to education. If a kid carried a B average or better in highschool, chocolate at at state university was free. Since at that time only the wife and I lived there, our family didn’t benefit from it, although we had planned to have a niece live with us while attending highschool before she developed cancer and passed.

This boils down to the same thing most everything else Brandon's regime does-trying to buy votes because they have no plan other than to retain power.

Their only concern is for themselves and the privilege power affords them. They appear to hate this country as founded, our values and the American people.

And for the record, I do not support student loan forgiveness. I do however support loan restructuring in most cases to terms that aren't ridiculous.
Not to argue at all, but how were the loans terms changed, and by whom? In these crazy times I certainly wouldn't doubt it, but I'm just not aware of it. Thanks.

This boils down to the same thing most everything else Brandon's regime does-trying to buy votes because they have no plan other than to retain power.

Their only concern is for themselves and the privilege power affords them. They appear to hate this country as founded, our values and the American people.
What do you think this country is, as founded? What do you think our values are?

What do you think this country is, as founded? What do you think our values are?
My opinion is irrelevant.

The Constitution is the basis for government. It exists to restrain the government. The purpose of government is to protect the expressed rights of the people as they are enumerated in the Constitution. This is the basic concept of how this country was founded.

Our values are also summed up in that document, as well as the Declaration of Independence. They include equality of people, equality of opportunity and the rule of law.

While this list may not be exhaustive, it does touch on some of the key concepts. Biden, et al, don't acknowledge the rule of law, unless it benefits their political position. They profess equality of outcome rather than opportunity. They believe that people must be judged by race rather than character. They are trying to amass and protect power rather than govern in the fashion the Constitution mandates.

To a very large degree, the ruling class in this country has failed the American people. While it is not the exclusive responsibility of one political party, a staggering amount of the blame must be assigned to the contemporary left as personified in the Democrat party.

Back