testtest

Turned down again, cuz I am retired and old

Now you will never get the job!
truth be told, when i used to apply for jobs, and the snot nosed manager thought he knew more than me either about repairing cars, or driving trucks, i'd tell him off. with many times telling him to shove something up his ass.

i cared less at that point, what were they going to do to me..??

promote me to chairman of the board..???

i used to hate applying for jobs where the manager was still waiting for his testicles to descend, and some how, some way, he knew more about tearing apart an engine, blue printing, boring out the cylinders, or c.c.'ing the cylinder head.

or the twin brother of his, telling me how to get from RI to CA, via Central America, the Azores, and South Africa...

when all hope is lost..??

tell'em off.........

Sorry the custidian job didn't work out. But, have you thought about donning your mankini and applying for a waitress job? Just think if the tips!
like this...when i was younger..??

1702672741041.png

not a question of "needing the money", more of a sick and tired of the boredom...only so many days i want to go to the range, work on the house, either inside or out, doing errands for me and the wife, and our kids, and grand kids.

love the family, love to help out, but i want for me....the "mad money" is an incentive to get up and go to work
My brother, 76, couldn't sit home either. He's a driver for an auto parts store in Canada, 3 days a week, 8 to 4 I think. Loves it.

My brother, 76, couldn't sit home either. He's a driver for an auto parts store in Canada, 3 days a week, 8 to 4 I think. Loves it.
actually i haven't even tried that......and being a former mechanic, at the very least i'd be able to get parts off the shelves or hanging racks......

(added)...but i really need to work nights.

it'll be "inline" later each night, when i go to pick up a family member who works nights...

Last edited:
truth be told, when i used to apply for jobs, and the snot nosed manager thought he knew more than me either about repairing cars, or driving trucks, i'd tell him off. with many times telling him to shove something up his ass.

i cared less at that point, what were they going to do to me..??

promote me to chairman of the board..???

i used to hate applying for jobs where the manager was still waiting for his testicles to descend, and some how, some way, he knew more about tearing apart an engine, blue printing, boring out the cylinders, or c.c.'ing the cylinder head.

or the twin brother of his, telling me how to get from RI to CA, via Central America, the Azores, and South Africa...

when all hope is lost..??

tell'em off.........
They probably looked at your permanent record also!

I tried the other day to apply for a job thru LinkedIn at Buffalo Wings...as a dang janitor......

not a manager, not a cook, not a waiter, not as an IT Tech....a dang janitor...

it's age discrimination, it's out there, and I been getting it in spades, yet, companies are looking for workers..??

You do not need any special edumacashun to be a dang JANITOR, you just NEED to show up and clean up...

here is thier response minutes ago...

"Thank you for your interest in Buffalo Wild Wings. We've reviewed your information and have decided to move forward with other candidates at this time. We value your time and interest in Buffalo Wild Wings, and will keep you in mind if anything changes, or if we have a new role we think would be a great fit for you. We appreciate the time and effort you invested in our application process and would like to help you find your next opportunity with free access to our online career service"

this type of job, (or custodian) is what i have been applying for at various places.

i even tried applying at a place named "LaundroMax" which is...a nationwide chain laundromat...

my "best hours" to work would be like 7 PM till maybe 2AM..(or later) hours that not too many people want or wish to work...especially those entitled twits.

working as a JANITOR or custodian, or laundromat attendant, is perfect for us retired people....low level effort, no heavy lifting, and we actually show up for work, over any snot nosed 20 somethings........
Try nursing homes. I just retired from a county-run home and the Environmental Services department there didn’t discriminate for age.

not a question of "needing the money", more of a sick and tired of the boredom...only so many days i want to go to the range, work on the house, either inside or out, doing errands for me and the wife, and our kids, and grand kids.

love the family, love to help out, but i want for me....the "mad money" is an incentive to get up and go to work
I understand the desire to earn some "mad money" but if you really don't need the dough, there are many opportunities for volunteer work. Volunteers are needed in many areas. I am fortunate to have the opportunity to work 20 hours a week in the firearms collection at a local museum. Keeps my mind active, gets me out of the house, is very interesting work.

Back