testtest

Uber

I haven't used Uber, but got 3 charges against my card all in the same night about 3 hours apart. 2 in SF and 1 in N Dakota some where. I got a text message from cc fraud department alerting me at 2am. I called them back and said no I didn't use any uber. I told them I'm in Texas and haven't gone out of state in years Also told them I've been known to drive fast, but no way to ever drive that fast. These are the same people (fraud department) that didn't authorize use at my local grocery store. Wow! Seeing purchases from said store on the same day just hours earlier. Even if I frew there is no way to get there that fast and still get from SF to ND. Best of luck.

Unless you paid your Uber in-person rather than on the App, don’t know how they got your cc info. Uber is easy to dispute, but they really jacked up the rates since Pootin‘ took over the gas pumps and stopped us from drillin’.
The regular taxis are scarce, and more expensive I think, but they also can smell a tourist besides driving in circles to tack on mileage and keeping the meter running, they too will swipe your credit card 3-4x telling you there’s something wrong with the card reader.
I don’t use Ubers much, it’s usually if I can’t find a ride back from the auto mechanic, I’ll re-install the App [I don’t like their tracking policy).
Never had a problem with the them or charges, drivers are usually polite and quiet. But they’re also like regular taxi drivers a bit selective when it comes to short trips and you’ll see 10 drivers in the area but none wanting to pick up up for a $15 fare.

Unless you paid your Uber in-person rather than on the App, don’t know how they got your cc info. Uber is easy to dispute, but they really jacked up the rates since Pootin‘ took over the gas pumps and stopped us from drillin’.
The regular taxis are scarce, and more expensive I think, but they also can smell a tourist besides driving in circles to tack on mileage and keeping the meter running, they too will swipe your credit card 3-4x telling you there’s something wrong with the card reader.
I don’t use Ubers much, it’s usually if I can’t find a ride back from the auto mechanic, I’ll re-install the App [I don’t like their tracking policy).
Never had a problem with the them or charges, drivers are usually polite and quiet. But they’re also like regular taxi drivers a bit selective when it comes to short trips and you’ll see 10 drivers in the area but none wanting to pick up up for a $15 fare.
The cc fraud department dropped/reemdursed the money/charges, so easily taken care of.

1669260190466.gif

Your Uber has arrived…….

Your thoughts I lose all confidence in them it’s 82.00 one way to San Francisco international from our house I choose to pay double that and not worry about being canceled I got a private car service the going rate for them is 200.00 but no stress thoughts
I have never Ubered. The wife and I use Car Service/Cab without any real issue. The last few years that we visited San Francisco we always used the same Car Service.

Not growing up in a 100k or 1mill populated city and navigating such place I'll say the 1 and only year I did any driving in SF was interesting. We were out in the Bay Meadows ('86) area in a crew cab dually made parking tricky. Most every spot was a compact narrow spot. Well the big boy used 2. LA was easier in all aspects.

Back