testtest

Ultrasonic or Tumbler

At some point, I'll be getting a .22 suppressor out of jail. By the time I get it out, it is going to need a cleaning in addition to regular cleaning when it's out. My suppressor has stainless steel baffles. Anyone with experience, what do you prefer to clean stainless steel suppressor baffles with - an ultrasonic cleaner or a wet tumbler possibly with steel pins?

I want to make a move on purchasing something and input is appreciated.

At some point, I'll be getting a .22 suppressor out of jail. By the time I get it out, it is going to need a cleaning in addition to regular cleaning when it's out. My suppressor has stainless steel baffles. Anyone with experience, what do you prefer to clean stainless steel suppressor baffles with - an ultrasonic cleaner or a wet tumbler possibly with steel pins?

I want to make a move on purchasing something and input is appreciated.
I use an ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning suppressor's. It's not perfect but it will do the job. For heavy cakes on carbon I typically scrub with a wire brush.

If the tube is made of aluminum I'd avoid the ultrasonic and especially the tumbler because the finish will be worn right off of it.

I'm not aware of a best way to clean a suppressor but I would recommend you read up on the materials the suppressor is made of and research what chemical cleaners and solvents are bad for it.

I use an ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning suppressor's. It's not perfect but it will do the job. For heavy cakes on carbon I typically scrub with a wire brush.

If the tube is made of aluminum I'd avoid the ultrasonic and especially the tumbler because the finish will be worn right off of it.

I'm not aware of a best way to clean a suppressor but I would recommend you read up on the materials the suppressor is made of and research what chemical cleaners and solvents are bad for it.
Baffles are stainless steel. There is also a stainless steel blast chamber shield. Housing is aluminum, but shouldn’t need cleaning. It is completely covered by baffles and blast chamber sleeve. Don’t plan on using the ultrasonic or tumbler for the casing. Thanks.

Baffles are stainless steel. There is also a stainless steel blast chamber shield. Housing is aluminum, but shouldn’t need cleaning. It is completely covered by baffles and blast chamber sleeve. Don’t plan on using the ultrasonic or tumbler for the casing. Thanks.
You will still need to clean the inside of the tube occasionally but that can be done by hand.

I wouldn't tumble suppressor parts.

Anything that cuts carbon works fine to clean things out.
I’m guessing just a basic jewelry ultrasonic cleaner is good? Can you put a carbon cleaning liquid in them?
I soak my sealed units in a good carbon cutting fluid then blow them out with air.

Any unit that can be disassembled can be sonicly cleaned with any good cleaning solution.

Thanks. I’m mostly concerned with the .22 suppressor, which can be disassembled. I’ve also got a .30 cal can coming and I’m not too worried about cleaning that one.

Appreciate the input.

Note: Don't use a solution that could eat away at the suppressor tube material like aluminum.
Yep. Definitely treat the baffles and blast chamber differently than the tube. That’s why I didn’t get a suppressor with aluminum baffles.

Thanks again.

Back