testtest

Under the pillow or in the nightstand?

On top of the nightstand since it's only the wife and I. When the grand kids come over it goes into a secured location.

I keep my carry pistol in the nightstand, in my holster, and a tactical flashlight on the nightstand. I like the idea of the magnet though on the back of the night stand, as that would make it quicker to get to, and it would be hidden between the wall and the night stand.

To be honest though, I have concerns of EVER waking up in that type situation, as my wife has a lifelong habit of having to have white noise to sleep - a box fan, noise machine, etc. Ostensibly it was to cover my snoring, but she had it when I met her, and with my CPAP I don't snore anymore. I've gotten used to it, but enjoy the quiet on the rare times she is out of town with her mother. It worries me more about hearing an intruder, a storm, a tornado, whatever. I'm hopeful that the Ring cameras around the house will set off the alert on my phone, or the weather radio on my nightstand will go off. Or the dogs will let me know something is going on.

Switch out the carry mag to the 16 round extended mag and it's kept in the holster in the nightstand drawer. I'm way too afraid I will knock it off if it was left on top of the night stand. In the holster because I use that as the safety....I know sometimes it takes me a minute to be competently awake. Even though it will take an extra second to pull off that holster, I don't want an accidental discharge and I figure the dogs will give me more than that second or two warning.

Back