testtest

UNDERWOOD AMMO

I've not purchased or shot it...you might to search the library of Paul Harrell on youtube...I think he has tested it in a caliber or two on chronograph, accuracy and meat targets. He's tested a lot of different self-defense ammunition and youtube has not removed most of them (yet). Just searched, he tested and posted a new video on Underwood Xtreme Defender .380 yesterday and Underwood Xtreme Defender 9mm about 3 years ago. Might be other calibers if you keep going back in his library...it's pretty extensive.

Have any of you had experience with Underwood Xtreme Defender Ammo? From what I'm reading it sounds like it can do some serious damage without over penetrating. Thought I'd see if I have and feed issues in the EMP.
I run it in 9mm and some of their other .357 stuff
No issues with either.
Though I have not had issues with any of the good quality defense rounds brands

No idea about the legitimacy of this report
2016/17
JOINT AGENCY
BALLISTICS TEST FOR DEFENSIVE HANDGUN AMMUNITION

It states
The Underwood XD uses the Lehigh Defense Xtreme Defense Technology bullet......
The data sheet shows results from Phase 2/3 with enormous wound diameters. The radial flutes work perfectly in fluid/gel. Calculated PWCs are the largest ever recorded in all calibers!

Attachments

• UdnerwoodAmmo.pdf
    523.8 KB · Views: 281
No idea about the legitimacy of this report
2016/17
JOINT AGENCY
BALLISTICS TEST FOR DEFENSIVE HANDGUN AMMUNITION

It states
The Underwood XD uses the Lehigh Defense Xtreme Defense Technology bullet......
The data sheet shows results from Phase 2/3 with enormous wound diameters. The radial flutes work perfectly in fluid/gel. Calculated PWCs are the largest ever recorded in all calibers!
The report is bogus.

I’m going to give Norma Ammunition a try. Their prices are about the same, but I want to try. Here’s the link…
The Norma MHP was ammo of the year in 2020, it is also a lead free copper bullet but is a HP design.
I suspect we will see continued development of lead free bullets.

I've not tried the Norma MHP, I have Hornady and Sig Sauer HP ammo for use in 9MM.

Norma does offer the MHP in .380, 9mm, 38 Special and 45 ACP

2020 Ammo of the Year: Norma MHP

First Look: Norma Monolithic Hollow Point 9 mm

Review: Norma MHP Defensive-Handgun Ammo

I've not purchased or shot it...you might to search the library of Paul Harrell on youtube...I think he has tested it in a caliber or two on chronograph, accuracy and meat targets. He's tested a lot of different self-defense ammunition and youtube has not removed most of them (yet). Just searched, he tested and posted a new video on Underwood Xtreme Defender .380 yesterday and Underwood Xtreme Defender 9mm about 3 years ago. Might be other calibers if you keep going back in his library...it's pretty extensive.
Will do, thanks.

I see that Norma is introducing a new NDX 9mm ammo that seems to be similar to the Underwood bullet design.
NDX - Non-eXpanding Defensive ammo

A 64 grain non expanding 9mm at a velocity of 1680 fps

nxd_pinpoints-medium.png

nxd-box.png

I've used the Underwood 9mm standard and +P in S&W Shield 2.0 and Plus as well as my Beretta APX Centurion. It's all it's advertised to be, but there are several manufacturers now with similar ammunition. They sell direct if you can't find it elsewhere, and charge a flat shipping rate under $10 when I last ordered.

Back