testtest

Unexpected Gift

N

nmedge

Today our elderly friend stopped by and he gave me his Smith & Wesson 642 revolver. He has not been feeling good and his wife wanted the gun out of the house. He is 86 years old and has a bad case of COPD. The revolver has the crimson trace grips and has had 20 rounds fired thru it. I wanted to give him money for it but he refused to take it from me. Now I have a 38 special and i'm not really a revolver guy. I will hold on to it to remember him by. I really don't think he has much time left. He is retired Army and thank god his medical insurance is more or less covered.

Today our elderly friend stopped by and he gave me his Smith & Wesson 642 revolver. He has not been feeling good and his wife wanted the gun out of the house. He is 86 years old and has a bad case of COPD. The revolver has the crimson trace grips and has had 20 rounds fired thru it. I wanted to give him money for it but he refused to take it from me. Now I have a 38 special and i'm not really a revolver guy. I will hold on to it to remember him by. I really don't think he has much time left. He is retired Army and thank god his medical insurance is more or less covered.
It sounds like you made a true friend in the fact that he trusts you enough to give you such an awesome gift.

Wow. That is pretty special. Seems like he wanted to go to someone who could appreciate it. Special guy.

Is it the standard 642 or is a performance center 642? I have a 642 PC and love it. It is light.

If you do decide to shoot it , you might find it easier on your hand with a set of these . https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/grip-parts/grips/s-w-j-frame-diamond-pro-grip-prod78354.aspx

I bought a set and liked them so much I bought a second set for my nickel 36.

It's nice that you have something to remember your friend by. You should shoot it. They're nice guns.
It sounds like you made a true friend in the fact that he trusts you enough to give you such an awesome gift.
Agree on both accounts. It would be something my kids would find after I'm gone. That one has special meaning, (see what I did there ☺️)

An awesome gift that shows he respected you, it also shows your level of character as someone who can be trusted with such an offering. A great man rewarding another great man.
Truly outstanding.

Back