testtest

(Update) On The Shooting Of Teacher By 6 Year Old

So it’s being reported that up to 4 Virginia school employees including teachers reported to the school administrators that multiple people had reported that the 6 year old had a gun on him, including another student that had told a school employee that the boy allegedly showed him the gun and told him if he told anyone he would shoot him.
One school employee asked school officials if he could “search” the boy and was told no as the school day was almost over, an hour later the teacher was shot.
She survived and is now suing the school district for failing to act appropriately. Good for her!!!

I find this behavior reprehensible in this day and age of school violence, we can all agree that thinking a 6 year old boy could do this but honestly should not have been dismissed.

The school district’s superintendent has been fired. To little to late.

Unbelievable…….

Yeah that's ignorant, when it comes to that kind of deal you have to act no matter what.

I taught at a career tech school for 38 years and had a couple instances where a kid had a gun. Security was immediately called and police. i don't think the kids were going to use them but was showing them off. either way you can't mess around. action has to be taken quick.

But most of the teachers at this school was from the industry and wasn't your regular bookworm. we were hired because of our background in the industry we taught. Kids were getting mean by the time i retired. you always have a few that needed attention, but they were the majority by the time i left and i was getting way too old to man handle those young bucks. over the years i had to take a few of them down. our school slowly became a bad neighborhood over the years.

My students mainly consisted of gang bangers and troubled kids, and even handicapped. i learned sign language from a couple of them. Some you can work with and make them see the light and some you can't. it used to bother me when i couldn't turn a kid to the right path. I have seen a few of my students on TV in the news as either being shot or the shooter. have had them threaten me too.

Horrible parenting was the cause of about every case we had, most of these kids lived with their grandparents, none of them knew their father.

I had one kid that was on drugs and a menace to society, he was a troublemaker from the word go. i was always having to send him out of my class. one day he came in so stoned he was a danger to himself if i put him on a machine that could kill him so i sent him to the office. they called his mother which was a nurse.

Our school nurse deemed him high and the principal had him go to the dr and take a drug test to get back in school, i guess his mother had the records falsified and she brought him back with it. we had to let him back in cause she had some dr sign off he wasn't on drugs. but he was. this kid was 16 and had 5 or 6 cars, all had the big rims and tires. her idea of trying to make this kid behave was to buy him a car.

That summer i seen him on TV, the police was chasing him and he stopped the car and got out and started running and collapsed and died. he had so much drugs in his system when he got his heart beating fast , he died of a heart attack. his mother killed that boy by not getting him help. I've had a lot of parents over the years i wanted to choke.

I'm adopted. I was one of the lucky ones.

In the 60's and 70's I worked at my dad's mechanic shop that was surrounded by cantinas. I saw several of the barmaids bring their kids from different dads to work. I felt bad for the kids.

On one occasion one of the sons of a barmaid(he was 15 or 16 at the time) threatened the owner of one of the cantinas. The kid came at the bar owner and the bar owner pulled his 38 special revolver and killed him.

No local person was surprised by this situation, as the kid had been in a lot of trouble and that bar owner didn't like being threatened. I don't think the bar owner was charged. I believe the barmaid had a couple of other children from different men.

I always felt so bad for the kids. It made me appreciate my adoptive and loving parents more...:)

So it’s being reported that up to 4 Virginia school employees including teachers reported to the school administrators that multiple people had reported that the 6 year old had a gun on him, including another student that had told a school employee that the boy allegedly showed him the gun and told him if he told anyone he would shoot him.
One school employee asked school officials if he could “search” the boy and was told no as the school day was almost over, an hour later the teacher was shot.
She survived and is now suing the school district for failing to act appropriately. Good for her!!!

I find this behavior reprehensible in this day and age of school violence, we can all agree that thinking a 6 year old boy could do this but honestly should not have been dismissed.

The school district’s superintendent has been fired. To little to late.

Unbelievable…….
My guess is she will be successful in her lawsuit. I have a very vivid imagination but cannot understand why one of the adults did not take away the gun. And these are some of the people entrusted to educate their children. Not the kind of people I was raised around.

What we are seeing is the result of our liberal education system at work. Everybody is willing to pass a law but no one takes responsibility for enforcing it. There used to be a comic strip called "There Oughta Be A Law" running from 1944 to 1985 pointing out the frustrations of dealing with people. In a minor way, it may have started the trend of passing toothless, unenforceable laws. Back then, the Greatest Generation just handled things themselves. I know. At 75 years old, I still have the Cat-o-Ninetails marks on my butt to prove it. Today, you get punished for doing the right thing and rewarded for ignoring bad things.

When I read about these recent firings and resignations I thought about how little this coverage the entire story had received and how quick the circumstances disappeared. Victim recovering, lawsuits filed and school is closed for now as faculty exits employment - without much scrutiny. Send in the counselors, prayer vigils, vilify the gun maker call in the media when classes resume next week.

There’s no back stories whatsoever, like the mainstream media outlets routinely do for every other school shooting. Nothing about the parent who claimed ownership of the handgun, her CCW status, parental and household status, employment, if there was any family service intervention involvement or even the LGS that sold it the firearm and for that matter, the manufacturer and the ammo.

It was reported the 6 yr. old is in some sort custody outside his home for now, but even so, what 6 yr old has that sort of upbringing and felt bringing and shooting a (stolen from home) gun to settle a score with his teacher is acceptable. He knew enough to find a gun, enough to handle a gun, enough to know where to point it, enough to know his ire would be feared...and point blank eye-to-eye with the victim, pulled the trigger.

This day an age, what idiot in a school does not take protective action when there’s a claim of a gun on campus ? Even the victim/teacher, played a long with some unknown or unwritten school policy not to involve police in student matters ??? One of the reasons the school admin refused to take action is that it was near the end of the school day.
Want to know something…School administration doesn’t get paid overtime. Disciplinary measures have to be written and notifications made, paperwork, etc. They have to remain in the school until a parent/guardian or police to arrive and sort the matter accordingly. Oh my, a big nuisance.

The school and its faculty did not want to do their jobs. They wanted the problem to go away from school property when the dismissal bell ran and with that their liability greatly diminished and would become someone else’s tragedy.

Had the police ignored someone with a gun in a school, what would be the consequences? Different rules and scrutiny applied...and a better labor representation. Every person in that school having an inkling of knowledge the matter should have their educator credentials revoked.

I have been teaching a course on surviving active shooters for years. In my research of hundreds of cases I found that in almost every case the shooter gave indicators that the people around them failed to recognize, or failed to act upon. I think a lot of people are blind to the indicators because they just don't want to believe and come to grips with evil.

I have been teaching a course on surviving active shooters for years. In my research of hundreds of cases I found that in almost every case the shooter gave indicators that the people around them failed to recognize, or failed to act upon. I think a lot of people are blind to the indicators because they just don't want to believe and come to grips with evil.
Oh I agree, acting and responding to threats is heroism… and that’s toxic they say.
The politically correct also call that profiling. Even for if the better and in the name of safety (for the kids), probable cause is no longer an acceptable standard.
In some areas, they removed magnetometers and police from schools because they are too divisive and offensive and were in favor of 🚫gun signs and wall posters expressing love, inclusion and acceptance.

While I was in the Police Academy I worked as a security guard at a very nice university, mainly to help me pay for the academy. We would catch students doing very illegal things and call the local PD to make the collar. Me and another guard who also made a career in Law Enforcement were always getting called in and getting chewed out because of the Mommy and Daddy are generous donors to the school syndrome and we were told to look the other way. Even now many years later to me it seems at least in my area a lot of the schools are more interested in their beloved football programs than safety.

Even at the hint of a gun being inside a school building, the safety plan dictates that the building go into immediate lockdown mode unless the offending student can be overwhelmed and relieved of the gun. I don't know why, at least in this case, one of the teachers who became concerned didn't call 911 on his or her cell phone and let LE handle the problem after being stonewalled by the admins. But there's another issue here. Many schools are filled with young 20 somethings working their first teaching gig. Many of these young teachers are blinded by idealism and because of their backgrounds are not prepared to deal with the realism that smacks them in the face. But one shouldn't have to be shot in order to understand the dynamics of the classroom situation they are in.

Back