testtest

Update: prodigy issues

I just purchased my pistol, it is not extracting spent round prior to feeding a new one. First 200 round resulted in 4 events. Next day I had a single shot pistol. Tried every magazine and 5 types of ammunition. Guide rod is tight, gun is cleaned and lubed. So sad that something I planned on relying upon for primary carry is unsafe. I await SA response.
Did you mount a red dot?

Appreciate the feedback, will call on Monday. Unsafe vs unreliable....we could argue that point through a case of beer and still disagree. Unsafe in my mind is a gun fight carrying a single shot pistol against a threat with a reliable semi automatic anything...

Appreciate the feedback, will call on Monday. Unsafe vs unreliable....we could argue that point through a case of beer and still disagree. Unsafe in my mind is a gun fight carrying a single shot pistol against a threat with a reliable semi automatic anything...
So, if you send it off to SA and it comes back running just fine will you still have that nagging in the back of your mind? The guns unreliable. Unsafe would be down to you if you decided to carry it as it is now.

BTW, when you get it back you want to try running a selection of JHPs through it because in true 1911 fashion the Prodigy is finicky about certain defensive ammo and they don’t seem to be consistently so. Mine likes Federal HST and Hornady Critical Defense, but does not like Sig VCrown and Underwood Extreme Defender Monolithic ammo.

You don’t see the irony there?
”A reliable semi automatic anything”…
That was my point.

Unsafe is being in the gun fight in the first place.
Unsafe is the operator, unreliable is the pistol.

Now, if it happens to go off in the holster all on it’s own without pressing the trigger, then I’d agree, it’s unsafe.

Thanks Bassbob, I have numerous pistols I can rely on but this one is a different animal. I know something is wrong out of the box, my M17, M9, PX 4 Storm, 1911, various Glocks, and ugly old P85 run hundreds\thousands of rounds without issues. Disappointing that your "crown jewel" that you worked so hard to afford turns out to be a cubic zirconia.

Marketing, free guns to review writers, profit for using links from review sites effect honest evaluations of the product. I like Gun University because they don't use freebies in exchange for positive evaluations. Brian Cleckner gave it an A rating, his long range shooting books (highly recommend) are what got me interested in the 1000+ yard shooting sport. I don't mind spending money, I just want to enjoy my acquisitions as designed; at the range to develop confidence in the reliability and understand the strength and weaknesses of the item at hand. I think I got a lemon, the one made on Monday morning July 5th by the guy who enjoyed his 4th celebration a little too much. Confident the company will make it right.

I think I'm going to enjoy this portal. I have thick skin and care about solutions, not semantics.

Thanks Bassbob, I have numerous pistols I can rely on but this one is a different animal. I know something is wrong out of the box, my M17, M9, PX 4 Storm, 1911, various Glocks, and ugly old P85 run hundreds\thousands of rounds without issues. Disappointing that your "crown jewel" that you worked so hard to afford turns out to be a cubic zirconia.

Marketing, free guns to review writers, profit for using links from review sites effect honest evaluations of the product. I like Gun University because they don't use freebies in exchange for positive evaluations. Brian Cleckner gave it an A rating, his long range shooting books (highly recommend) are what got me interested in the 1000+ yard shooting sport. I don't mind spending money, I just want to enjoy my acquisitions as designed; at the range to develop confidence in the reliability and understand the strength and weaknesses of the item at hand. I think I got a lemon, the one made on Monday morning July 5th by the guy who enjoyed his 4th celebration a little too much. Confident the company will make it right.

I think I'm going to enjoy this portal. I have thick skin and care about solutions, not semantics.
Unlike most people here I am not inclined to buy any SA 1911s or 9MM "1911"s, including the Prodigy. That said, if I were I would expect some growing pains, as I would with ANY 1911 that wasn't a high end custom.

I love 1911s I just don't really carry them anymore.

If you like I can do you a video of me mag dumping the crown jewel over and over again. And no I’m not talking about my SAO 226 Legion! Which by the way, I give the edge to because it will run absolutely any ammo I feed it. But accuracy and overall reliability they are dead even.

If you like I can do you a video of me mag dumping the crown jewel over and over again. And no I’m not talking about my SAO 226 Legion! Which by the way, I give the edge to because it will run absolutely any ammo I feed it. But accuracy and overall reliability they are dead even.
Blind nut finds it's squirrel it seems. :ROFLMAO:

giphy.gif

Gamecock, i have the sight, picked up a green crimson trace (180ish from expert voice) that works with the supplied base plate. Will mount when returned from service.

Back