testtest

Update Roll Mark Question

Kind of a silly question, but does anyone know if the new roll marks on the 1911’s are California Compliant haha. Simple change in cosmetics but not sure if Springfield is still producing the old roll marks for Cali Guns only. I asked local shops around here and they aren’t sure. Few of them are having trouble getting anything in stock so they haven’t see any guns come through with the updated roll mark. Thanks in advance.

1911 California compliant?
When you say 1911 I automatically think .45acp what would be non-compliant about a 7-8 shot 1911?

When you say 1911 I automatically think .45acp what would be non-compliant about a 7-8 shot 1911?
I don't know all the details, but as I understand it, California has a whitelist of firearms that are allowed to be purchased. If the firearms is not on the list, it is not legal to purchase. It goes by model number, so a manufacturer makes the slightest change to a firearm and create a new model number for it, then the new model number has to go through the whole process of being re-submitted to be approved. Which I also understand requires providing samples and going through testing the manufacturer has to pay for, its lengthy and beuracratic. On top of that, like good little anti-gunners, they will play games and find some excuse not to approve a new firearm despite their be absolutely no reason not to approve it.

The whole premise of this was gun safety, as they refuse to approve new models with improved safety and force owner to purchase older used models with less safety.:rolleyes:

To the OP, doesn't California have a website to check the handgun roster? Can't you simply look up the make/model and see if its legal to purchase or not? Or is California so bad, they play "I have a secret" with the firearms they allow you to purchase.

Maryland instituted the same thing, but made the mistake of putting the MD State Police in charge of maintaining the Handgun Roster. So, much to the chagrin of anti-gunners passing the harassments laws, the MDSP doesn't play games and doesn't push and agenda, has the Board meet every quarter and they approve every new gun that there is no reason to disapprove.

I'd love to purchase a new FN 510 or FN 545, but can't yet, the board meets in March, so hopefully late March we'll see MD gun shops offering the new FN's for sale.

I've read the only thing the MDSP Board has not approved, other than the pistols specifically enumerated as banned or their copycats according to the law, has been some micro derringers without trigger guards..... ...which I suspect they have good grounds on safety concerns...

Last edited:
I don't know all the details, but as I understand it, California has a whitelist of firearms that are allowed to be purchased. If the firearms is not on the list, it is not legal to purchase. It goes by model number, so a manufacturer makes the slightest change to a firearm and create a new model number for it, then the new model number has to go through the whole process of being re-submitted to be approved. Which I also understand requires providing samples and going through testing the manufacturer has to pay for, its lengthy and beuracratic. On top of that, like good little anti-gunners, they will play games and find some excuse not to approve a new firearm despite their be absolutely no reason not to approve it.

The whole premise of this was gun safety, as they refuse to approve new models with improved safety and force owner to purchase older used models with less safety.:rolleyes:

To the OP, doesn't California have a website to check the handgun roster? Can't you simply look up the make/model and see if its legal to purchase or not? Or is California so bad, they play "I have a secret" with the firearms they allow you to purchase.
There is a California Department of Justice (OXYMORON ALERT!) website listing the handguns that are certified for sale. There are also links for recently added and recently removed handgun models at the bottom of the page.

Handguns Certified for Sale

It's pretty pathetic, so I recommend a strong dose of morphine before reading it. 😜

I asked the same question about 1911’s being Cal. Compliant because of mag capacity and it was mentioned that there is an additional internal safety feature, I honestly don’t remember what it was called so perhaps someone can chime in.

Pittdog….what Rick said! Haha thanks I was in the middle of typing a reply but u beat me to it.

Now that I think of it it may not be an issue with new roll marks but who knows. California and their BS. The Roster actually has MC Operators the are FDE, Stealth Grey similar to the EMP4’s.

I asked the same question about 1911’s being Cal. Compliant because of mag capacity and it was mentioned that there is an additional internal safety feature, I honestly don’t remember what it was called so perhaps someone can chime in.
My bet, any Series 70 1911 will never be approved. Series 80 added the firing pin block, not sure on CA, but I think Mass now requires any pistol to be sold to have this safety feature....

Again, MD State Police being professionals and servants of the public, decided going by model numbers was unfair and burdensome to the public and the board.... ....they now go by model description....

So an FN 509 is approved, it is also approved in different colors or for shorter grips and barrels or threaded barrels and optic sight provisions, etc..... So the manufacturer offers the pistol in a new color, they have to have a new model number to keep track of sales and delivery's.... California makes them pay for and go through all the beuracracy again, all at the risk of the anti-gun board members just deciding on a whim not to approve it, because the new color makes it now unsafe.... ...MD at least, says its a FN 509 just in a new color, its a FN 509 that is already approved...

5F5B8B79-8824-43E8-985F-96608BAB77D8.jpeg

My bet, any Series 70 1911 will never be approved. Series 80 added the firing pin block, not sure on CA, but I think Mass now requires any pistol to be sold to have this safety feature....
Springfields on the list of older models that you can find on gun broker. The Loaded, MC Operator, Mil Spec, TRPs, Full Rail TRP Operator only and Pros both light rail and standard dust cover…..and MC Operators and Pros in FDE and Grey Frames I guess looking at the screen shot of the roster I just posted.

Colt used to be but they didn’t renew their fees with the state.

Handgun full of Kimbers are in there, NH, WC, Baer are on there.

Kamala at the time she was AG implemented micro stamping to be another requirement on top of Loaded Chamber indicators, safety drop test and magazine disconnects……no one makes micro stamping a round using a firing pin. So in a way it’s a ban on any new handguns. On top of that if a company wants to add new handguns to the roster they need those requirements and for every gun that is added, 3 older model guns get dropped off the list. Some BS!

I don’t understand your post about rollmarks, they have nothing to do with being on CA list of guns, I have a CA compliant pistol, other then the mag, the roll marks are the same as other guns of the same brand, mostly they are mag limits and drop safety requirements for CA guns…..

I don’t understand your post about rollmarks, they have nothing to do with being on CA list of guns, I have a CA compliant pistol, other then the mag, the roll marks are the same as other guns of the same brand, mostly they are mag limits and drop safety requirements for CA guns…..

I understand all the requirements. For example; I can’t buy an Ed Brown or Les Baer naked slide or a Les Baer without front cocking serrations since they weren’t submitted to the state. Same gun but without the markings. So I was assuming it was the same with the Springfields.

All the SA 1911’s I’ve seen in the shops still have the old roll marks. I was curious if anyone on here had some info. It would be nice to get another TRP without all tactical markings on it.

Back