testtest

USPSA/IPSC Induced Stoppages to Increase Stress

USMC6094

Custom
This coming Saturday I have a local IPSC/USPSA match.

My original thinking was to use some loaded 9mm dummy ammo I have to induce failure to function in my 9mm Saint.
Then it dawned on me, I have one box of Inceptor 65 grain 9mm ammo, that will NOT cycle the Saint. So, when I load up tomorrow, or Friday night, I'll sprinkle a round or two throughout my magazines I'll be loading for Saturdays match, to induce the stress of a malfunction while on the firing line.
Anyway, once I run out of the Inceptor I'll have to find a substitute that fills in for it.

I would use a spent round or dummy. The issue if you use a low powered round the RO could assess that as a squib round and give the order of “STOP” even if you explain it ROs are programmed. And you have 2 it’s usually a DQ for the match.
(And you’ll get funny/agitated looks from your squad mates when you come across as that guy)

I’ll say in 30 some years of matches I have never had anyone try to set up their handgun for a malfunction. Shoot enough matches and they will and do happen even with a Glock LOL

Good luck

I've loaded dummy rounds for the same purpose in other matches. The use if the Inceptor ammo was an idea that had last night. When I tried the ammo in the Saint, I found that the round would fire, and the case would eject, but the bolt wouldn't reciprocate far enough to strip the next round out of the magazine.

Hi,

I've loaded dummy rounds for the same purpose in other matches. The use if the Inceptor ammo was an idea that had last night. When I tried the ammo in the Saint, I found that the round would fire, and the case would eject, but the bolt wouldn't reciprocate far enough to strip the next round out of the magazine.

Sure, I can see where that would make for good practice clearing malfunctions in an emergency (or competition) situation. Will you have someone else load your magazines? That way you won't know when it's coming. ;) Let us know how it goes. If like to see how you make out. Thanks!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

Sure, I can see where that would make for good practice clearing malfunctions in an emergency (or competition) situation. Will you have someone else load your magazines? That way you won't know when it's coming. ;) Let us know how it goes. If like to see how you make out. Thanks!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No I'll be loading them, but I have enough that once they're loaded, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to keep track what I've loaded where.

Just get some dummy rounds made for training. No chance for a squib, identifiable, less chance for a live round to get mixed in with your training rounds and vice versa. I cringe when I see homemade dummies show up at the range.
ST Action Pro 9mm Orange Safety Trainer Dummy Round 10 Rounds https://a.co/d/fbRAQKn

Back