testtest

Vehicle holster? Yay or nay?

On a related note, if you have to leave a gun in your car you need to lock it up.

Personally I have a secure safe, wired with a high strength steel cable to the passenger side seat frame in case of just such an occasion, you can’t see it from outside the car. The only thing I’ve ever used it for it to keep my car holster (the one that goes on the mount) in though.

Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.😊

Hi!

Nope
I’ll have a parachute.
Nice try … 🤪

Base jump! Cool!

1672975244678.png

That's me in the upper right corner. I'm jumping with my brother and his wife, she's in red.

Sorry for the OT. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

I keep one under my center console in the truck. with the grip pointed toward me and muzzle to back. Had to use one years ago, luckily i didn't have to shoot the idiot but he came close.

My wife was driving the truck bringing me home from a stay at the hosptal and i was still half way drugged up and was hungry. we stopped at a wendys in kinda a seedy hood and she went in and got lunch and this dude followed her to the truck. i seen him coming and grabbed the gun. he came up to the truck and her and ask for money and she said i have none, he ask kinda demanding it, i then showed him the gun and told him to hit the road or i was going to shoot his ass. He stared at me for about 30 seconds and i expected him to do something stupid the way he was looking and i was looking him dead in the eye.

He then turned and walked away. she got in the truck and i said lets go. i sure didn't want to shoot the clown stoned if i didn't have too. but i felt no pain. lol

i then showed him the gun and told him to hit the road or i was going to shoot his ass. He stared at me for about 30 seconds and i expected him to do something stupid the way he was looking and i was looking him dead in the eye.

He then turned and walked away. she got in the truck and i said lets go. i sure didn't want to shoot the clown stoned if i didn't have too. but i felt no pain. lol

That is a phenomenal way to get yourself arrested for whatever they call Aggravated Felony Menacing your state

Who cares, he was going to attack my wife. and would have if he didn't think he was going to get shot. I'll get arrested before i let some thug attack my wife.
What specific action did he take to convince you that he was going to attack your wife? Did he raise his hands? Did he display a weapon?

After hearing your story as you told it and bearing in mind that you've already told us that you were mentally incapacitated, why would I as a Juror think that you had a reasonable fear that he was going to attack your wife?

I'm not trying to bust your chops. I did something very similar almost 30 years ago and I almost went to jail for it.

I've only ever had to draw my gun three times at work in 15 years. But I can assure you that every single time I did it I was thinking in the back of my mind "How am I going to justify this?"

He grabbed her arm, i had just had back surgery so i couldn't help her. when he seen the gun he backed off. what else was i going to do, sit there and watch this punk rob her?

I shouldn't have even posted it, but if getting arrested and losing my rights saves my wife from a beating or possibly worse then so be it. i will say no more.

He grabbed her arm, i had just had back surgery so i couldn't help her. when he seen the gun he backed off. what else was i going to do, sit there and watch this punk rob her?

I shouldn't have even posted it, but if getting arrested and losing my rights saves my wife from a beating or possibly worse then so be it. i will say no more.
It really sucks when someone you're close to is being harassed and you just had surgery and you're not at full strength and your firearm is the only choice.

I've had neck and heart surgeries, not to mention all the martial arts injuries over the years. I always tried to keep the times I wasn't at full strength to a minimum. Stuff happens sometimes to all of us. I've had to draw my firearm and I'm glad I didn't have to shoot.

Most times I've been able to knock somebody back that wouldn't back off after I warned them several times using martial arts techniques.

One time it happened with a homeless guy near the police substation in downtown Little Rock(Arkansas). I was getting out of my truck and I saw the homeless guy coming and said "Sorry, I can' t help you. Have a nice day." and he kept coming and started cussing me out. I told him to back off several more times. When he got close enough I pushed him off and created distance. He sprawled on the ground and started telling people I'd assaulted him. 2 police officers were nearby and witnessed the whole thing. The homeless guy was a 'regular' and they were used to dealing with him. They helped him to his feet and told him to move along. They didn't say anything to me. I never had problems in downtown Little Rock after that.

I haven't read this thread but after a incident in my town yesterday I wanted to say NEVER EVER leave a firearm in your vehicle unattended especially if unlocked.
If you have some time you can watch this video. This incident starts at the 36 minute mark.
FULL VIDEO: MULTIPLE AGENCIES PURSUE STOLEN VEHICLE THROUGHOUT NE OKLAHOMA CO.

At one point the fine up standing young man used his vehicle to break someone's gate to their property and tried to steal another vehicle. He couldn't find the keys but found a pistol in the truck. The officers had him boxed in until he started shooting at them.

This is a wild chase and a lot of mistakes were made however everyone went home alive except the young church goer, he went to jail.

Last edited:
I haven't read this thread but after a incident in my town yesterday I wanted to say NEVER EVER leave a firearm in your vehicle unattended especially if unlocked.
If you have some time you can watch this video.
FULL VIDEO: MULTIPLE AGENCIES PURSUE STOLEN VEHICLE THROUGHOUT NE OKLAHOMA CO.

At one point the fine up standing young man used his vehicle to break someone's gate to their property and and tried to steal another vehicle. He couldn't find the keys but found a pistol in the truck. The officers had he boxed in until he started shooting at them.

This is a wild chase and a lot of mistakes were made however everyone went home alive except the young church goer, he went to jail.
Oklahoma..??

i thought i was watching a chase in Commifornia...

and being a Dodge Durango, most likely has a Hellcat engine in it too

i don't have an hour to watch stupid.

but yes, always lock your vehicle, and never leave a gun in it as well.

sadly, way too many cities and towns are peaceful and quiet. where people leave the doors unlocked and the key in the ignition...

live where i live..??

you lock up your dentures in the safe too....!!!!!

Oklahoma..??

i thought i was watching a chase in Commifornia...

and being a Dodge Durango, most likely has a Hellcat engine in it too

i don't have an hour to watch stupid.

but yes, always lock your vehicle, and never leave a gun in it as well.

sadly, way too many cities and towns are peaceful and quiet. where people leave the doors unlocked and the key in the ignition...

live where i live..??

you lock up your dentures in the safe too....!!!!!
If you want to watch the incident I am talking about above you can start at the 36 minute mark.

That is a phenomenal way to get yourself arrested for whatever they call Aggravated Felony Menacing your state
Some states allow showing/displaying/brandishing a firearm in home/property or vehicle (including to and from) but suggest truly understanding one's state laws. Not something I would necessarily do but the reason I carry is to protect my family could care less about the property. Decision making (defensive/protective) is an individual thing in a given moment.

Some states allow showing/displaying/brandishing a firearm in home/property or vehicle (including to and from) but suggest truly understanding one's state laws. Not something I would necessarily do but the reason I carry is to protect my family could care less about the property. Decision making (defensive/protective) is an individual thing in a given moment.
What states are those? I never heard of such a thing being legal unless someone was actively being rob or physically attacked.

I read many references on this forum but excellent work using the Harry Potter in context. ;)

I use the Invisibility Cloak. It's much lighter, easier to store, and I didn't have to drill any holes or modify my vehicle. Also useful for transporting a passenger you're not supposed to be with! :)

Back