testtest

Veterans Day 2022

Vet Day.JPG

From a local business...

Veterans Day, November 11th, 2022
Today, November 11th, is Veteran's Day. Not some other day when some get a day off from work in "observance," but today, the 11th, every November 11th. The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month.

In honor of this Veterans Day, we pause to thank and honor all veterans, all members of the military living or dead.

Thank you.

This day we know as Veterans Day was first "Armistice Day" as originally celebrating the first anniversary of the end of what was once known as "The Great War," now known as World War 1. This day, November 11 was later changed to a national holiday beginning in 1938, then to be renamed in 1954 in a bill signed by President Eisenhower, himself a U.S. Army general, to "Veterans Day."

Veterans Day is the day we honor American service men and women, all veterans living or dead, especially giving thanks to those still with us who have served our great country honorably both during war as well as in peacetime.

From History. com:
  • 19 million living veterans served during at least one war as of 2021.
  • 5.9 million veterans served during the Vietnam War era (1964-1975).
  • 7.8 million veterans served during the Gulf War (representing service from Aug. 2, 1990, to present).
  • Of the 16 million Americans who served during World War II (1941-1945), about 167,000 are still alive as of 2022.
  • 933,000 veterans served during the Korean War (1950-1953).
  • 6 million veterans served in peacetime.
  • As of 2022, 10 percent of veterans are women.
  • As of 2014, 2.9 million veterans received compensation for service-connected disabilities.
  • As of 2014, 3 states have more than 1 million veterans in among their population: California (1.8 million), Florida (1.6 million), Texas (1.7 million).
  • The VA healthcare system had 54 hospitals in 1930. Since then it has expanded to include 171 medical centers, more than 350 outpatient, community and outreach clinics, 126 nursing home care units, and 35 live-in care facilities for injured or disabled veterans.
  • As of 2022 the top three states with the highest percentage of veterans are Alaska, Virginia and here in MONTANA.
You know a veteran. Go thank them today, at least.

Happy Veterans Day and thank you for your service to all the vets. I had to work on Veterans Day, but as it turned out I got a new partner on my truck who is a young guy who did 2 tours in Afghanistan with the US Army. I took him around to all the restaurants that were giving free food to vets yesterday. The boy can eat.

Also my 80+ year old parent's went to their church and served meals to veterans yesterday, which I thought was very cool.

Back