testtest

Video: How Effective Is .50 BMG?

They are fun to shoot. Not a ton of recoil as you would think. My son can even shoot it.
2D6A8AF0-4C0D-46F5-ADBE-A7347165AFE3.jpeg

It’s disruptive, that’s for sure. I watched a hunting show not to long ago I think it was with Keith someone?? Anyways he shot a giraffe in the head with one. He also got scope kissed pretty good also. I’d love to have one I just don’t have the need, the want yes.
Wow. Shot a giraffe in the head. What a cool guy he must be. Sounds like a guy that needs his arms broke clean at the elbows.

Wow. Shot a giraffe in the head. What a cool guy he must be. Sounds like a guy that needs his arms broke clean at the elbows.

I’d guess you would have to watch the video. It wasn’t a “hey hold my beer” moment. It was a giraffe that had to be taken out and whether you want to do it with a .22lr or a 50BMG than so be it. The giraffe, however was dispatched immediately, unlike most “big game” animals you see. If one so chooses to hunt deer with a 416 Rigby because it makes them happy then I will be happy for them. On a side note, it’s not his weapon of choice. I’ll try to find the video to shed some light, I only mentioned it in part of the 50BMG conversation.

I’d guess you would have to watch the video. It wasn’t a “hey hold my beer” moment. It was a giraffe that had to be taken out and whether you want to do it with a .22lr or a 50BMG than so be it. The giraffe, however was dispatched immediately, unlike most “big game” animals you see. If one so chooses to hunt deer with a 416 Rigby because it makes them happy then I will be happy for them. On a side note, it’s not his weapon of choice. I’ll try to find the video to shed some light, I only mentioned it in part of the 50BMG conversation.

Well I should have got details before I made a judgement. If the giraffe needed to be put down it's different. I don't think much of people that trophy hunt. Killing zebras and lions and all that. If you aren't eating it or there isn't a specific reason the animal needs to be killed then you're just a jag off as far as I'm concerned.

Well I should have got details before I made a judgement. If the giraffe needed to be put down it's different. I don't think much of people that trophy hunt. Killing zebras and lions and all that. If you aren't eating it or there isn't a specific reason the animal needs to be killed then you're just a jag off as far as I'm concerned.

As much as I love hunting, lions and zebras are not my thing, for some reason. I like elk, bear, moose, caribou, ect. Yes, that giraffe was used in the local village, which was neat watching that and how it was used. They used every bit of it and it’s my understanding that most do, when you do those type of hunts.

I generally dislike sport hunters. If a person is going to eat what they kill I'm all for it. Killing for the pleasure or for a trophy is wrong to me.

I have a Big Horn Armory Model 89 in 500 S&W that will dispatch anything on this continent. Much more "comfortable" to shoot than the same cartridge in a revolver. Yes sir, a 450 gr. SWC/gc at 1950 fps. is wonderful for putting meat on the table as well as protect you from the Grizzly who will come running at the first shot. More effective and faster into action than OC anytime. As a matter of fact, in this country we have learned that the bears actually enjoy the addition of OC on the carcass of ignorant hackers/hunters.

Back