testtest

Video: Is .223 or 5.56 Better?

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
For any new AR15 gun owners out there wanting to know the difference between the .223 Rem and 5.56 NATO cartridges. The video briefly discuss the differences and whether or not they are interchangeable to be fired from whatever chambered AR15 one has bought. The video is basic, but a good explanation for new AR15 owner that may want to research the topic further.

Great video which looks like other videos included on other topics.
Saved to favorites for further watching.
My range time involved a lot of .223 because at the time it was less expensive however now it’s a crap shoot on price as well as availability. Thanks for sharing BET7
Not a problem Keystone. I know most here know the difference and what cartridge to shoot in what rifle, but with the new surge in gun buying, I figured if someone new to AR's (as they are flying of the selves) is on this forum, this video may be useful.

Funny thing—most of my defensive rounds in the AR platform are .223...because it's
s hard to find a ballistic tip 5.56 (Hornady makes some with V-Max, but I prefer Nosler's—better accuracy).

I got lucky a few years ago and found some .223 Black Hills 55gr NBT's for a very good price, and bought a solid 3 cases...halfway through one, don’t have a single rifle that doesn't like them from both a feeding or accuracy standpoint.

However...my backup mags are solidly 5.56; mostly M193, but some M855/SS109 for variety.

Funny thing—most of my defensive rounds in the AR platform are .223...because it's
s hard to find a ballistic tip 5.56 (Hornady makes some with V-Max, but I prefer Nosler's—better accuracy).

I got lucky a few years ago and found some .223 Black Hills 55gr NBT's for a very good price, and bought a solid 3 cases...halfway through one, don’t have a single rifle that doesn't like them from both a feeding or accuracy standpoint.

However...my backup mags are solidly 5.56; mostly M193, but some M855/SS109 for variety.
You know to be honest, I never really noticed or thought about this, but, yea, all I ever saw was a .223 self defense round...

Back