testtest

Virtual SHOT Show 2021: What can we expect?

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
NSSF will be holding the 2021 Shot Show Virtually through their "On Demand" Platform. The link below contains information on eligibility and how invited attendees will be notified with instructions on logging into the "On Demand" Platform.
This link also contains products previously released this year, and will most likely be discussed further during virtual sessions, along with presumed new announcements. It looks like an interesting concept.

I'm sure this is all they can do given the COVID issue, but it isn't really a good substitute.

I have missed numerous meeting this year I would have attended but were virtual. To me the virtual meetings had no value and I did not register. I saved money in registration fees and travel but I would rather the in person meetings had been held (assuming no COVID) and I had spent the time and money.

Much of what is accomplished at SHOT or other trade events comes from networking at private events or even in the venue bars and restaurants. At SHOT, the range events are critical. No amount of online coaching or instruction is even remotely as important. :(

I'm sure this is all they can do given the COVID issue, but it isn't really a good substitute.

I have missed numerous meeting this year I would have attended but were virtual. To me the virtual meetings had no value and I did not register. I saved money in registration fees and travel but I would rather the in person meetings had been held (assuming no COVID) and I had spent the time and money.

Much of what is accomplished at SHOT or other trade events comes from networking at private events or even in the venue bars and restaurants. At SHOT, the range events are critical. No amount of online coaching or instruction is even remotely as important. :(
Agreed Chance, in person events are always better. I guess they figured this was better than having nothing at all. Just have to see how it works out under this format, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

The owners of a few LGS's I know that go to the Shot Show spend most of their time in back room meetings with distributors & suppliers to plan orders for the coming yet.

They usually have an assistant that works the main floor gathering product and contact info.

All that has flown out the window, since all of the above is happening on the phone/computer now.

Back