testtest

Vortex Venom adjustment

gp92851

Alpha
I have had a Vortex Venom installed on my Springfield XDM Elite 3.8 compact. I have adjusted the Up control to the max and several people besides myself are still shooting low. my questions, is there something that was overlooked during the install and if not is there a shim available to cause the red dot to be able to be adjusted?

I have had a Vortex Venom installed on my Springfield XDM Elite 3.8 compact. I have adjusted the Up control to the max and several people besides myself are still shooting low. my questions, is there something that was overlooked during the install and if not is there a shim available to cause the red dot to be able to be adjusted?
Was your optic installed with a mounting plate or directly to the slide?

I’ve got the 10mm version of the same gun and installed a Holosun using a mounting plate supplied by Springfield, it’s been spot on.

I took the XDM to an armorer and they took a chance and thought that the labels were backwards and adjusted the red dot down instead of up and it started to move closer to the bullseye, I think I will adjust it a quarter more turn and see if it moves even closer.

I took the XDM to an armorer and they took a chance and thought that the labels were backwards and adjusted the red dot down instead of up and it started to move closer to the bullseye, I think I will adjust it a quarter more turn and see if it moves even closer.
Happens a lot. The instructions in the manual for how to adjust a Romeo 5 are backwards. There really is no standard like clockwise is up/right or anything. Best thing to do is put it on a bench rest and shoot 3 rds. Adjust the dot, counting the clicks and shoot 3 more. Whatever way your group moved is your answer. Don't try to adjust elevation and windage at the same time. Most of the time the windage is going to be very close from the factory. Elevation will depend on the distance to the target.

Was your optic installed with a mounting plate or directly to the slide?

I’ve got the 10mm version of the same gun and installed a Holosun using a mounting plate supplied by Springfield, it’s been spot on.
What model of Holosun did you install. Will I need to obtain a new mounting plate or will the Holosun fit the same one as the Vortex Venum?

Back