testtest

VR60 / VR80

MrMichaelActual

Master Class
Picked up a couple of VR's... I have been interested in them for a while now. Oddly I like the 60 better than the 80 mostly because of the styling. The 60 is a bit gassy but the word is that it will feed anything at all, so Ill live with that. It is hella fun to shoot. I took of that cheesy M-16 looking handle and sight and went with optics of course, and a rail light/laser. I think I dig it... may be a keeper.

Anyone else have one of these?

Picked up a couple of VR's... I have been interested in them for a while now. Oddly I like the 60 better than the 80 mostly because of the styling. The 60 is a bit gassy but the word is that it will feed anything at all, so Ill live with that. It is hella fun to shoot. I took of that cheesy M-16 looking handle and sight and went with optics of course, and a rail light/laser. I think I dig it... may be a keeper.

Anyone else have one of these?
post pic.jpg

We shall see I recon, let me run a couple hundred through it and Inshallah it still works, so fun to shoot though it makes me laugh a little.
I should clarify. There are a couple I like. Saiga. AA12. The AR style ones, most of which are Turkish, are possibly fun on the range but I’ve seen enough of them with issues that there’s no way in hell I’d rely on one defensively. That role is best left to 1301s, Benelli M4s or 500s and 870s.

I should clarify. There are a couple I like. Saiga. AA12. The AR style ones, most of which are Turkish, are possibly fun on the range but I’ve seen enough of them with issues that there’s no way in hell I’d rely on one defensively. That role is best left to 1301s, Benelli M4s or 500s and 870s.
Of course for defense should probably use the M4 like the good Lord intended.

Just pictures of the ones “for fighting” , no pictures of ones “for fun” ….please.
Some shotgun junkies ( me) don’t have money to waste on “fun”, unreliable shotguns. Especially Turkish ones. I made no request that he doesn’t post pictures or can’t like them. Just my opinion. Which if you don’t like it that’s great because I really couldn’t care less if you do or don’t.

Also, with regards to fun, get a TS-12 or a KSG-25. Both are high capacity, fun, reliable and not made in Turkey.

Stick with the Tube...

The Benelli M4

But the alternatives...the Beretta 1301 & Benelli A300 Ultima Patrol are suitable budget shotties. (y)

Last edited:
Some shotgun junkies ( me) don’t have money to waste on “fun”, unreliable shotguns. Especially Turkish ones. I made no request that he doesn’t post pictures or can’t like them. Just my opinion. Which if you don’t like it that’s great because I really couldn’t care less if you do or don’t.

Also, with regards to fun, get a TS-12 or a KSG-25. Both are high capacity, fun, reliable and not made in Turkey.
Ahh you are a Shotgun guy, I also love them. Inherited an old Fox 12 gauge double barrel and an old 410/22 over and under

Ahh you are a Shotgun guy, I also love them. Inherited an old Fox 12 gauge double barrel and an old 410/22 over and under
I too inherited an old Fox double. My old man's bird gun. It's a 20 though. It is a prized possession. I have 2 other 12 gauge doubles. Both Stevens. Also a plethora of break action singles, pump guns and autos. Nothing too fancy. When the time is right I'll pull the trigger on an M1014. When I find the right one. I have no intention of messing with all the R22 crap. I want it pretty well settled right from the factory and I have specific needs. Meanwhile it's really hard to beat my Beretta 1301 Tactical LE model.

Hey Belt Fed. I'm a huge VR80 fan. I'm also an SBS fan. The VR80 lends sitself well to the short barrel configuration. My first was an 8.5 inch. Takes a bit of machining to get it there. This gun is running stock gas port holes, size wize that is. Much closer to the chamber, hotter gasses, higher pressure, and cleaner burning. Ports nearly 2.8 inches closer to the chamber. Its designed to run 1200FPS, 1 1/8 ounce loads or better and it worked right off the drawning table. Does not have internal chokes as they would have been right at the factory gas port location and weakened that area more. I chose to go external with the Benelli/Berretta Mobil choke system. Added two inches to the barrel length and you can run less than 3 dram loads with it on the barrel. A couple of pics with the other muzzle I created at the 8.5 inch length.

Attachments

• IMG_4802.jpg
    IMG_4802.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4808.jpg
    IMG_4808.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4812.jpg
    IMG_4812.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4815.jpg
    IMG_4815.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4817.jpg
    IMG_4817.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4819.jpg
    IMG_4819.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
I will have to admit, those SBR'd shotguns look neat as all get out. but i bet them little jewels are some ear drum busters.

I will have to admit, those SBR'd shotguns look neat as all get out. but i bet them little jewels are some ear drum busters.
Only slightly louder than the longer versions. We all wear ear plugs don't we? I am in the processs of a 7" VR80, even closer to the ears. I'm setting this one up for a JK Armament 195 series suppressor so It will have 7/8-32 external threads for the last 1.5 inchs of the barrel. Created what I believe is the shortest relaible VR80. It's nearing completion but some barrel machining yet to do. Using 4 ports instead of 3 and they are a bit smaller so cleaning intervals are extended quite a bit. Took a few pics a couple of weeks ago. This is what 7" looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_4670.jpg
    IMG_4670.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4671.jpg
    IMG_4671.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
Back