testtest

Wait time for orders

I was trying to find out what the "normal" wait period is for Saint Victor orders ...
I ordered a Saint Victor .308 in July 2021 and I'm still waiting ... mid January 2022 ...
FFL dealer just laughed at me yesterday when I inquired about my order...

I was trying to find out what the "normal" wait period is for Saint Victor orders ...
I ordered a Saint Victor .308 in July 2021 and I'm still waiting ... mid January 2022 ...
Strange, as my local LGS which is a larger chain has had 4 Victor .308’s come and go thru their doors in the last several months

As long as you didn’t pay them a deposit, I’d suggest you simply check other shops and online.
I’ve seen Victor .308s out there. Not as many as 5.56 of course.

I don’t want to read anything into your note but it doesn’t sound like orders are much of a priority at that shop. Another story, but I know a couple places here where the owner/operators seem to have other jobs & interests. They FFL for their buddies, hang around the shop, and trade a few guns and pawn some stuff. But if it ain’t on the shelf, non-regulars like me can forget about it :/ ….

As mentioned by @KillerFord1977 i’ve seen them in local LGS stores in Kentucky and if you left a deposit get it back and look around, they are out there.

As long as you didn’t pay them a deposit, I’d sug

gest you simply check other shops and online.
I’ve seen Victor .308s out there. Not as many as 5.56 of course.

I don’t want to read anything into your note but it doesn’t sound like orders are much of a priority at that shop. Another story, but I know a couple places here where the owner/operators seem to have other jobs & interests. They FFL for their buddies, hang around the shop, and trade a few guns and pawn some stuff. But if it ain’t on the shelf, non-regulars like me can forget about it :/ ….
Exactly. Being a person who likes dealing with small local dealers, I have found there can be pitfalls to it also.

Over the years I experienced a number of small shops who deal with one large supplier or maybe two and are so small that they end up being not much of a priority. Thier orders for "rarer" items tend to be slower as other larger orders are filled priority.

In such cases it can be better to work with multiple shops.

In my area there is one large shop which usually has everything in stock. If it's available, they have it. They are the largest and most important to suppliers. But, you pay for that in much higher prices. Also you end up just dealing with, umm, a bunch of dicks with attitude. Sorry for the vulgar vernacular. It's an hours drive so the only time I go there is to actually feel something in hand. Then I wait it out elsewhere. Normally... they are however also the fastest source for thier brand of high visibility sights which I have used for many years on rifles.

Last edited:
Exactly. Being a person who likes dealing with small local dealers, I have found there can be pitfalls to it also.

Over the years I experienced a number of small shops who deal with one large supplier or maybe two and are so small that they end up being not much of a priority. Thier orders for "rarer" items tend to be slower as other larger orders are filled priority.

In such cases it can be better to work with multiple shops.
Agreed, I try to shop “small stores” as much as possible but also shop around.
I’m ok with waiting if I’m looking for something specific and every time I’ve been lucky to find that item when I least expect it.

I only ever paid ahead of time or made a deposit on a firearm that wasn't in stock one time. That was my own local gun store where they know me very well. That was the Shield .45 . Then they "Forgot" to order it for a couple weeks. I went in there and voiced my extreme displeasure. They have never tried to charge me a deposit or anything to order one since. I lost count of the guns I bought from those guys. Hell, my dad bought a million guns from them, beginning back in the early 70s when he found that Fox side by side in 20 gauge on their wall. Come to think of it, it was about that time they dramatically reduced the price they charge me for a transfer.

Anyway, my point is I would never put a deposit down on a gun that didn't come with a stipulation on the time frame in which they would have it. If I were the OP and this was the case I would go in there and get my money back.

As an addendum to my post above, pls note there are several other smallish shops not far away that do a GREAT business, very reliable & pretty knowledgeable and above all honest with their info - if they aren’t sure about wait times they say so. And try to find out for you.

Back