testtest

&*#@*!!%&@@ WALMART...!!

me to
our local grocery installed 5 self check out lanes
i refuse to use them unless i get a 5% discount since no check out lady and no bagger
i will wait in line with my 5 items to not use the self check out
i do occasionally will walk up to one and say out loud ALEXA ring up my groceries , which promptly brings a check out lady to ring up my stuff:love::love:
I have found that if I just stand there staring at the screen for a while just for fun someone will help.

I speak some Thai so I have had some fun talking to a cashier at Lowes in Thai as if asking what to do. It's a stumper. If they only new I just ordered Phad Thai and fried rice with chicken medium hot and an egg roll.

I’m a vendor to Kroger in my area.
The store mgrs have told us they cant get or keep people to work. Even with competitive and/or top pay for hourly wages. Folks dont apply and those that do, usually quit because its “too much work” .
Some days their staff on hand is at only 50-60%
I can understand that. So many people these days want a paycheck, but don't want to work for one. :(
OTOH, my local Kroger has people who have been working there for years. I know at least three of the cashiers have been there as long as I can remember. I guess it depends a lot on where you are. :rolleyes:

1698948567929.png

I remember checking out one time in our local grocery store. As the gal was sliding things down the conveyor belt, she picked up a bell pepper and looked at it like she'd never seen one before in her life. She held it up to the light, turning it around. And then she got this really confused look on her face and turned to me and asked, "What is this?" She worked in a grocery store, and had apparently never laid eyes on a bell pepper.

It was another one of those times when I was reminded of this Ron Swanson scene:

It's economics that you should be angry with. Walmart doesn't have to pay for cashiers. Employees are demanding higher wages and more benefits. In order to keep making money they have to adjust. Fewer cashiers is the solution.

Also consider the time of day and day of the week. Most folks are at work and there isn't as much demand during the early day hours as the evenings.
that's as much BS as what i went thru.

that store is always busy. the reason why they open at 6AM was for us senior citizens, during covid, and the long lines waiting to get in, due to capacity restrictions, and they kept it. 6 AM was for us, and only us at the time, younger people were allowed into the store at 7 AM..it was to give us seniors a chance at buying things that had limits on them, since people were buying in bulk, creating shortages.

the walmart workers get paid pretty good. i never hear any of them complaining about that.

and as i sadi, (if you had read it), at 6AM there aren't any cashiers, why..?? cuz they have to wait for a manager to open the safe for the drawers...but at 8 AM..??

don't you think that by 8AM the safe would be open by then..???

again, a (long list of superlatives describing the management there) , should have a monkey in charge

You've hit upon on of my pet peeves. Wal-Mart, Kroger or just about any big store. What's the point of having 15 registers when there's only one, maybe two cashiers? It takes longer to check out than it does to shop the entire store! 🤬
In the next day or two, I'll go do my grocery shopping for the month. I just take one day and buy for the whole month. That's so I don't have to deal with this BS again. I go to Sam's for bulk stuff and then to Kroger for most of my regular groceries. I might spend an hour shopping. But then when I'm ready to leave, there's only one or two registers open and the line runs all the way to the back of the store! 🤬
BTW: I usually pay by check. So no self-check outs for me. Besides, it pisses me off to have to do their job for them. :poop:
i really wish i can go just once a month...however, my kids who have kids, are always in need of paper products, toiletries, bread, and other breakfast items...they work long hours, so me and the wife being retired help out by getting what they need, pretty much weekly....

we don;t mind, it's family

but when you go to a store run by a bunch of sedated jackasses, it's irritating.

why have a management team then???

managers are usually always on salary, meaning they have no life, and have to work.

the workers just want to be paid, and most times they help when you ask. but thier hands are tied when jackasses can't be at the store, doing thier delegating responsibilities.

I do the bulk of my shopping only once a month. But I usually end up making a quick trip to the store 2 or 3 more times during the month. :rolleyes:
But in those cases its just run in, grab one or two things, hit the self check-out and be gone in just a few minutes. ;)
But there ain't no way I'm gonna self check an entire basket full of stuff. That's their job.

I do the bulk of my shopping only once a month. But I usually end up making a quick trip to the store 2 or 3 more times during the month. :rolleyes:
But in those cases its just run in, grab one or two things, hit the self check-out and be gone in just a few minutes. ;)
But there ain't no way I'm gonna self check an entire basket full of stuff. That's their job.
yeah, for you it works out. but i and the wife have small cars, which means small trunks....so several trips are done.

we have 5 grown kids, and each has several kids of thier own, some of those are grown and on thier own now too.

when things work as they should, i have no complaints....it's when the inconsistent, consisity pokes in, it sucks

Oh yeah! Another pet peeve about grocery shopping. Just when you get used to where everything is, they re-arrange the whole damned store! I used to be able to walk into Kroger and go straight to what I needed and be out in just a couple of minutes. Recently, they did the re-arranging trick and now I can't find nothing! 🤬

Oh yeah! Another pet peeve about grocery shopping. Just when you get used to where everything is, they re-arrange the whole damned store! I used to be able to walk into Kroger and go straight to what I needed and be out in just a couple of minutes. Recently, they did the re-arranging trick and now I can't find nothing! 🤬
i know, CVS does that....so i get "even"...i walk around and around, making myself look suspicious.......then i flip my finger to each and every g.d. camera.

then for at least 1 month??

i can find what i want.

yeah, but if you get really pissed, you can take some gators and set'em loose...

all they have at that walmart i go to, is damned seagulls...the worse they can do is crap all over the place....

It''s a real thing

Florida authorities remove 6-foot alligator from Publix grocery store parking lot

I don't shop at Walmart much but, always use self checkout wherever I shop to avoid long lines for cashiers found almost everywhere nowadays. I generally use the small sized carts at places that have them, as with just me and the Mrs. at home, we don't need a huge amount of items normally. The exception to this is Costco, where I usually buy more large items such as toilet paper, paper towels, etc., but self checkout there, due to long lines for cashiers with 20 or 30 people per line, is only a minute or so wait time and they usually have 1 or 2 employees that will scan your items while you're in the wait line. All I have to do after that is scan my Costco card at my assigned self checkout kiosk, pay, and head for the car without removing items from my cart. For me, the advantages of self checkout is control of time spent, accuracy, and not having to wait for slow, argumentative customers and cashiers. Maybe it's not for everyone but, I like it!

I don't shop at Walmart much but, always use self checkout wherever I shop to avoid long lines for cashiers found almost everywhere nowadays. I generally use the small sized carts at places that have them, as with just me and the Mrs. at home, we don't need a huge amount of items normally. The exception to this is Costco, where I usually buy more large items such as toilet paper, paper towels, etc., but self checkout there, due to long lines for cashiers with 20 or 30 people per line, is only a minute or so wait time and they usually have 1 or 2 employees that will scan your items while you're in the wait line. All I have to do after that is scan my Costco card at my assigned self checkout kiosk, pay, and head for the car without removing items from my cart. For me, the advantages of self checkout is control of time spent, accuracy, and not having to wait for slow, argumentative customers and cashiers. Maybe it's not for everyone but, I like it!
one or 3 items, it's a blessing.....but most times, i have a shopping cart full.

at the major grocery stores i frequent, i use the cashier lines. cuz again, a full shopping cart.

there are like 2 smaller grocery store i also go to, there are no self check outs...and those workers are fast.

Back