testtest

Walther Extends 30 Day Return Policy to all Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have owned a Walther P99 .40 Cal for years. Never had a single issue.
So bought my son a Walther P22 around 2 years ago. The only thing I've done to it to ensure it cycles correctly is polish the feed ramps.
Screenshot_20191027-172317~2.png

Thank you. It's the first and only 9mm I've ever bought ( for myself anyway, I bought the kid a couple). It's really accurate and a lot of fun at the range. I'm not quite sold on red dots for carry pistols.
You picked a nice 9mm for sure! And I'm on the fence about a red dot on my carry pistols. I would have to retrain myself to the red dot system. Not sure if I want the expense of the red dot and having to retrain. But lots of people like them. I might get the XDm Elite OSP and put a Holosun green dot on it and see if I like it.

You picked a nice 9mm for sure! And I'm on the fence about a red dot on my carry pistols. I would have to retrain myself to the red dot system. Not sure if I want the expense of the red dot and having to retrain. But lots of people like them. I might get the XDm Elite OSP and put a Holosun green dot on it and see if I like it.

I've done some drilling with it and the problem I've found is that when I am drilling I remember exactly how to draw it and cant my hands so the dot is right there, but every time I pick it up, like a few days later, I gotta go over it again. I'm sure eventually it would be fine if i twas the only gun I carried, but it isn't. And it never will be.

I've done some drilling with it and the problem I've found is that when I am drilling I remember exactly how to draw it and cant my hands so the dot is right there, but every time I pick it up, like a few days later, I gotta go over it again. I'm sure eventually it would be fine if i twas the only gun I carried, but it isn't. And it never will be.
And that's why I'm on the fence about the red dot for me. Not all my pistols would have red dots. Most would have iron sights as they are tried and true. No batteries, usually never break. I've heard that you have to hold your pistol different to pick up the red dot. I don't want to compromise my current skill set to have a red dot. Something to think about for sure. Thanks for your input. And by the way, that Walther is still a sweet pistol. 👍

And that's why I'm on the fence about the red dot for me. Not all my pistols would have red dots. Most would have iron sights as they are tried and true. No batteries, usually never break. I've heard that you have to hold your pistol different to pick up the red dot. I don't want to compromise my current skill set to have a red dot. Something to think about for sure. Thanks for your input. And by the way, that Walther is still a sweet pistol. 👍
Not trying to go off course here. I like the Walther pistols btw. Here is a good article of many to study on. I love shooting with a rds. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thetruthaboutguns.com/red-dot-sights-for-pistols/amp/

Not trying to go off course here. I like the Walther pistols btw. Here is a good article of many to study on. I love shooting with a rds. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thetruthaboutguns.com/red-dot-sights-for-pistols/amp/

Not really off course BB. The one complaint I have about this Walther is there is no co witnessing with a red dot. Some sights ( I think DPP for instance) are set up where the base of the sight takes the place of the rear sight. The Venom has an indication as well, but with the red dot zero'd ( at 25 yards anyway) it's accuracy is not that great. I mean it's kind of close, but not close enough. So you can't just sight it like irons and see your dot. And in any case the dot itself is up above the front sight. Easy enough to get used to, like I said earlier if you carried the gun everyday and drilled with it exclusively.

On the other hand the Romeo 5 on my shotgun is zero'd and I adjusted my MBUS to co witness perfectly with it.

If you are comfortable with out a red dot and feel your skills are good enough to save your life why change. If you don't feel safe about it. If u want to try one use higher sights and c how you feel about it after awhile if you don't feel good about it you can take it off. Good luck. I'm the same way. Never had one but want to try one to c if it will work for me.

Same boat kinda first one I had I put on a Ruger Mark 4 last year struggle to find the red dot Sometimes.
My thoughts with the cowitness if you're already looking for that front sight and the dots there it may make it easier to find use the reddot.

PPQ Q5 Match 9mm with Vortex Venom.

mORDRsE.jpg
Couple questions, how do you like the pistol, a short review? I am a fan of Vortex but are you happy with your set up, except maybe the sights as you said in your previous post, wanting co-witness sights? I have been close, several times on “pulling the trigger” on one of these, or the SF ones. I shoot my X5 but I really like Walther. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back