testtest

Walther P38 / P1: More Than 80 Years of Excellence

Nice link, I always like those older pistols, especially ones used during the war, thanks grasshopper

Nice link, I always like those older pistols, especially ones used during the war, thanks grasshopper
Yup, me too Anni. I have a 1943 P38 Luger (unfortunately, not all #'s matching), a newer P1 Luger and a 1941 P08 "Black Widow" Luger (all #'s matching). They go nicely with my 1918 "Black Army" Colt 1911.

Few years back I helped my good friend who passed away, to get a Luger Navy Model, it was all matching numbers, but the previous owner had it refinished, took away all collector value, but he still owned a WWII Luger, it actually shot quit well. This was back in the 90’s.

Few years back I helped my good friend who passed away, to get a Luger Navy Model, it was all matching numbers, but the previous owner had it refinished, took away all collector value, but he still owned a WWII Luger, it actually shot quit well. This was back in the 90’s.
Great story. I also have read that one shouldn't refinish these old pieces thus hurting their values as you've mentioned. All the military type rifles and pistols I have, are all in pretty good shape, and I intend on leaving them as is.

Yea, never refinish old weapons, unless you don’t care about the collector value, same as with old coins, never clean them either, if you do that, you lose a good bit of value they had.

Back