testtest

Walther PPS M2

I agree with their quality, I have had some full size models in the past. I was able to get hands on one yesterday at LGS and was wondering if the quality was there in this little gun. The gun felt great in hand.

I have a Walther CCP M2 in 9mm & agree that it does fit the hand well. It’s a delayed blowback, & the only issue I’ve had so so far, is an occasional non firing when pulling the trigger. A re-rack solved the issue each time & I even fired the ejected cartridges in question each time successfully. I was demonstrating several sub compacts at the time so I didn’t look at it closely. I’ll take it separately to the range to see if it happens again after I completely cleaned it a second time. Perhaps it was the ammo, or light primer strikes, who knows. When working properly, it was fine and felt good Shooting.

A friend of mine has been carrying the original PPS for years and both he and I love it. A member of my shooting group also has the current gen M2 and I have shot it a fair amount. I have never seen it malfunction in any range session, eats everything from light IDPA hand loads to +p defensive ammo. It has a good trigger, one of the better in the striker gun realm. You can usually find them for a killer price as well, under 300.

About the only thing I don't like is the grip texture (I would add traction tape or Talon grips) and the capacity. I was running a Boberg for summer and a CZ75 Compact for winter, otherwise one of these would have been my carry until the 365 came along. I would recommend it above anything in its price range (S&W and XDS) and even the more pricey Glock 43. I think in order to get demonstrably more gun you have to step up to the 365 or Hellcat.

Wife and I went to the gun club to put the first rounds through the PPS. The gun ran about 75 rounds without issue and was enjoyable to shoot. The 7 round magazine allowed for a nice grip and allowed both hands to be comfortably on the gun. Full disclosure I don't have giant hands. I am not a big fan of the sights but have TFX Pro on the way. I shot from 3, 5, and 7 yards and was very satisfied.

Wife and I went to the gun club to put the first rounds through the PPS. The gun ran about 75 rounds without issue and was enjoyable to shoot. The 7 round magazine allowed for a nice grip and allowed both hands to be comfortably on the gun. Full disclosure I don't have giant hands. I am not a big fan of the sights but have TFX Pro on the way. I shot from 3, 5, and 7 yards and was very satisfied.

My Q5 is the most accurate handgun I've ever shot. Walther quality is legendary brother.

Great to hear. TFX Pro sights are nice. Sounds like you are going to have a nice set up in a couple days.

After making the sight swap I have really enjoyed this gun. I have had no issues with performance (approx. 4-500rnds) and I can meet my accuracy needs with no problem. I have been carrying this gun since purchase and love the fact my hand perfectly fits on the grip (7rnd pinky extension mag) every time I make purchase to draw. I'm thinking I may have stumbled into my perfect EDC.

Back