testtest

Watch perfection?

I had a Seiko I gave to my son and I still have a nice Citizen’s all black that I haven’t worn in years, my go to watch nowadays is an Apple Watch.
I have a series 5 I use for work and a new series 8 I won in a raffle I use during off work hours. Both can do almost everything my cell phone can do since they each have their own cell number, the series 8 has a new feature that I can use to check my blood oxygen level. When Covid started I bought a fairly expensive Blood Oxygen finger unit like the doctors use and the watch has consistently given me the same readings. In a word the watch “mirrors” my cell phone with all notifications, phone calls and text messages as well as weather reports and warnings and so much more and although I’m never without my phone it can stay in my pocket or backpack and I can still stay in touch.

I had a Seiko I gave to my son and I still have a nice Citizen’s all black that I haven’t worn in years, my go to watch nowadays is an Apple Watch.
I have a series 5 I use for work and a new series 8 I won in a raffle I use during off work hours. Both can do almost everything my cell phone can do since they each have their own cell number, the series 8 has a new feature that I can use to check my blood oxygen level. When Covid started I bought a fairly expensive Blood Oxygen finger unit like the doctors use and the watch has consistently given me the same readings. In a word the watch “mirrors” my cell phone with all notifications, phone calls and text messages as well as weather reports and warnings and so much more and although I’m never without my phone it can stay in my pocket or backpack and I can still stay in touch.

Yeah I know a lot of people who just love them, they do everything from blood pressure to reminding you to wear clean underwear when you leave the house.

Not for me, in many ways I hate carrying the cell phone. Yes I will admit they are handy, have lots of cool features. But I truly detest being "in contact" every second of every day. My wife gives me a kiss and hands me my cell phone every time I leave because I try to leave it by my chair. My wife and daughter insist I take it with me.

I spent 30 years having to carry something that kept me "in contact" 24/7 and grew to absolutely loathe it. Started with a pager and pocket of quarters for a pay phone and no matter where I was, even deep in the woods hunting, when that pager went off I had to leave and find a pay phone to call work. Then came the pager and bag phone, then Nextell phone then cell phone. After I retired from IT I thought it was fine but no the bus garage needed me to have one too.

Now I tend to turn off the phone and pretend that I had no signal. My watch tells me the time and when I am going to run out of air when diving. That's enough for me...

Last edited:
Yeah I know a lot of people who just love them, they do everything from blood pressure to reminding you to wear clean underwear when you leave the house.

Not for me, in many ways I hate carrying the cell phone. Yes I will admit they are handy, have lots of cool features. But I truly detest being "in contact" every second of every day. My wife gives me a kiss and hands me my cell phone every time I leave because I try to leave it by my chair. My wife and daughter insist I take it with me.

I spent 30 years having to carry something that kept me "in contact" 24/7 and grew to absolutely loathe it. Started with a pager and pocket of quarters for a pay phone and no matter where I was, even deep in the woods hunting, when that pager went off I had to leave and find a pay phone to call work. Then came the pager and bag phone, then Nextell phone then cell phone. After I retired from IT I thought it was fine but no the bus garage needed me to have one too.

Now I tend to turn off the phone and pretend that I had no signal. My watch tells me the time and when I am going to run out of air when diving. That's enough for me...
The day I retired I put my phone on do not disturb and turned my ringer to silent.

I get up in the morning I check in with my forums and when I'm done doing that I turn the phone off. I have it on when I'm out of the house in case my wife needs to get a hold of me but other than that it's either turned off or it's in the bedroom sitting on the nightstand.

I do leave it turned on it night in case something happens where I have to call emergency services I don't want to have to wait for the phone to boot up before I can call.

The day I retired I put my phone on do not disturb and turned my ringer to silent.

I get up in the morning I check in with my forums and when I'm done doing that I turn the phone off. I have it on when I'm out of the house in case my wife needs to get a hold of me but other than that it's either turned off or it's in the bedroom sitting on the nightstand.

I do leave it turned on it night in case something happens where I have to call emergency services I don't want to have to wait for the phone to boot up before I can call.
I misspoke when I said turn off, I meant volume off or put it on arplane mode depending on mode usually.

I misspoke when I said turn off, I meant volume off or put it on arplane mode depending on mode usually.
My cell is never turned off completely however I do have it set for
“Do not disturb” at a certain time at night until a certain time in the morning, that being said it’s also set that certain known contacts like family and close friends will bypass that if they call or text me in case of emergencies.

Rarely wear the watch, never have shot the pistol.

20221204_165546.jpg

Nice watch, love James Bond. I had one very similar but sold it a number of years ago along with my other more expensive watches like a BP 50 Fathoms.

I started before Magnum too that was just where I learned to appreciate the Pepsi bezel. My real watch interest was formed by my first watch I bought for myself. In 73 or 4 while in high school I bought a used Bulova Snorkle to learn to dive with. The one in the upper left in fact. All the watches I saved have some form of emotional bond or meaning, or I simply enjoy wearing.

View attachment 33076
So I found my Seiko (Dead Battery)
And I’ve put my Citizen “eco-drive Radio Controlled” in the sun and charged the battery but don’t remember how to set it, grrrrr😡

Trying to find out what they are worth??

3023D393-F664-410B-864D-D897DB8B70A0.jpeg
CFC717D7-8A06-445E-B064-F0564D859AA1.jpeg

So I found my Seiko (Dead Battery)
And I’ve put my Citizen “eco-drive Radio Controlled” in the sun and charged the battery but don’t remember how to set it, grrrrr😡

Trying to find out what they are worth??

View attachment 33792View attachment 33793
Nice watches. Both deserving of wrist time. Hmmm you should be able to find instructions online on setting. In small letters on the back you will find the model number.

Not sure of the model name but that citizen looks a lot like thier Navitimers ike the Blue Angel or i think Sky Hawk which do run a few bucks, kast tine i saw they were running say 500 hundred bucks but thats been a while. Might be worth looking into online auctions just to get an idea.

Nice watches. Both deserving of wrist time. Hmmm you should be able to find instructions online on setting. In small letters on the back you will find the model number.

Not sure of the model name but that citizen looks a lot like thier Navitimers ike the Blue Angel or i think Sky Hawk which do run a few bucks, kast tine i saw they were running say 500 hundred bucks but thats been a while. Might be worth looking into online auctions just to get an idea.

SkyHawk AT

Back